Our 3D Printer Fleet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 3D Printer Fleet

Thanks to a recent donation from kylejdyck we now have at least 5 semi-working 3D printers in the Makerspace.

Unfortunately most of them require a little TLC, as we've been having problems.
    A concentrated effort to do some repair work on these would have the Makerspace an unprecedented robotic fabrication army to do our maker's bidding.

If anyone would like to take these on as a project we could really have an awesome set of tools. A good strategy might be to designate certain printers for specialized tasks based on the strength of each printer.

Here's a quick rundown of where we stand:

Prusa Mk2S MMU
    • Built into an enclosure that works really well for high temperature prints like ABS
    • Currently experiencing problems with bed adhesion
    • The hot end temperature keeps dropping off when the part cooling fan is running, this needs to be fixed.
    • The MMU (Multi Material) is virtually never used, and is less reliable than a single extruder.
    • We may or may not have enough parts to change back to the single extruder.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	1400

Prusa Mk3
    (Belongs to Vaughn )
    • Currently has a 0.6mm nozzle installed for fast printing
    • Just had a tune up last night with some software upgrades and z-axis adjustments that has it running sweet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	1401

Delta Go
    • A new donation from Kyle "The Delta Go has the upgraded effector where they added a part cooling fan and new bearing-style rods. I've had a couple issues with some of the plastic pieces assembling the new rods, but I still have a couple parts left that could fix it."
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	1404

i3 Clone
    • Also from Kyle "The i3 clone I believe needs a new hotend as it doesn't seem to extrude consistently. I might even have a replacement I could include."
    • Kyle actually dropped off 2 replacement hot ends. These might be a good fix for the Prusa Mk2.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	1403

Aaron's Printer
    • Sounds like this is almost working but there are a few problems in tuning it.
    • Not sure whether Aaron plans to leave this as a shared printer or not?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	1402

Looking for member input here, what do you want to see? Any of these that you'd like to take on as a project?
    Last edited by Garret H; 06-04-2019, 10:11 AM.

Agree on swapping the mk2 to a single extruder - I've had a few failed prints and it seems the filament I'm using is jamming at the spot where the different extruders' filament paths join.

Comment

My intention is to take on the i3

Comment

Working...
      X