Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEAM SOCIAL Fri Nov 22 7-midnight

Hello Makers,

Our 2nd STEAM SOCIAL is coming up next Friday Nov 22 7pm to Midnight! The Space will be lit with awesome food from Pizza Pi, pints from Red Collar, music from local DJ's, displays from Makers and All Around Virtual Reality and more.

I have most of the pieces in place for this event, along with @Greg Smith from Pizza Pi, who is taking care of permit, pizza and pints (which makes him a very, very special person - thanks, Pizza Pi!)

Long and McQuade is donating sound system and lights. I've got some djs committed, more are welcome. We have remote speakers this time, so we can pipe music upstairs. Ive got some funky lights, including one for the outside of the building, which should look cool! More lights are always welcome - if we can NOT use any florescent we are winning.

What we need / what you and your friends can do help:
    • As much EYE CANDY as possible - lights, ART, displays, games, all 3d printers running, projections, art, 'makes', costumes, etc. Bring and/or setup your cool stuff Thursday or Friday before 7 pm.
    • CLEAN and ORGANIZE a piece of the Space, both Maker Monday and Thurs evening setup (if we hit it twice, by two different crews, it will look great)
    • PROMOTE - share the event, sell friends and family and coworkers on tickets, like the event, instagram it...if we all sell a few tickets we will do well and raise good money (thanks mainly to Pizza Pi and Red Collar's generous donations)
    Thanks for reading this; I hope we can raise another few thousand on this to shore up our War Chest for the long cold winter!

Vaughn
    Secretary
    Kamloops Makerspace Society

Please buy tickets, if possible, at the link below (to be clear, no Member in good standing is obligated to buy a ticket to attend)!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/563337994438854/

​​​​​​​
Working...
X