Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help us raise some cash for the Makerspace (you know you wanna help!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help us raise some cash for the Makerspace (you know you wanna help!)

Have we got an opportunity for you!

This August, Ribfest is back and it's going to be more fun than ever - and - you can help The Makerspace at the event!

We as a team have an opportunity to raise some much needed funds by volunteering to help out with the Family Fun Zone. We need everybody who loves the Makerspace to try and take a shift (or two! or seven!) at the event to make this fundraiser a success for us.

As a volunteer, you can bring your family with you during your shift and there will free food for every volunteer working a shift. When you register online (see link below) for your shift, please sign up for "General Duties" from the long list of default positions - the Makerspace organizers will help you figure out where to go when you arrive for your shift.

Speaking of organizers, we are also looking for one or two super-responsible adults to take a Supervisor role for the weekend. If you're interested in the Supervisor role, please call Nicholas at 250-320-1643 for what you need to know.

The link to sign up as a volunteer is: http://kamloopsribfest.volunteerlocal/volunteer/ - You'll need to get a police check since you'll be working in the children's area. It's important that you sign up for your police check early. You can get a free police check at: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/ the access code is: U72CYFLKWF

Please pass this information along to your friends that may not be active members right now.

See you at Ribfest!

Your Board

I went to the Ribfest website (the link above didn't work from my computer) to volunteer and there is a box to fill in with a password for my "group". I assume this is so they know who is volunteering from MakerSpace. Do we have a password?

Comment

Hey folks, the password to the volunteer site is:
      ffzone

Comment

Working...
      X