Corel and a tool for simplifying DXF's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corel and a tool for simplifying DXF's

Corel seems like a great program for creating digital designs. One issue I have found though is it creates really big files when it exports as a DXF. Some of the CAD programs I use don't like this much, as instead of creating a few arcs it creates many many short arcs. This really slows a computer down if you are trying to work in 3D.

I tried out this tool, and it really fixed my problem. The trial is free but after that you need a license. Thought I would post it as it seems quite handy.
    http://coreldrawtools.com/dxftool-pro.html

As an example here is two photos of a logo I was using for 3D printing, one of before one of after. Each blue square is a node showing the endpoints of a single line or arc. The whole logo and the shapes it is made up of is visible in the after image:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Shamb simple.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	1592

In the before one has to zoom WAYYY in to see all the nodes It went from 7024 arc segments down to 329.
    Corel has a built in node reduction tool which at least managed to drop it down from the original 19,574 line segments, but that was still far too much.
    All in the file size dropped from 1,930 kB down to 45kB.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shamb nosimple.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	1593
    Last edited by Garret H; 08-01-2019, 06:32 AM.
Working...
X