I demonstrated on my tiger wheel instead but I did show how to use the big wheel anyways, I just didn’t throw on it. No rush on working on it as I won’t be demonstrating on it for a while. But new people can use it to their liking.
Clay Space coordination meeting Monday April 10 4-6pm
I wanted to share the draft agenda of the meeting on Monday April 10th 4-6pm to coordinate the Clay Space development and invite you to attend, if you are interested. It is quite a project and I look forward to seeing Makerspace Members empowered with yet another capability.
Clay Space Meeting
Monday, April 10, 2017
Invited: Amanda Eccleston, Janet Whitehead, Karen Clark, Cheetie Malouin, Vaughn Warren, Kile McKenna, Grant Fraser, all Members welcome.
Build-out and Install of Clay Space and Kiln Rooms:
• Review Community Arts Grant timeline and planning confirmation
• Materials and plan review going forward - double check requirements and get ready for install
• Mitigating impacts on other Spaces in building during major install
• Gathering and scheduling volunteers and support during install
Coordinators and Members:
• Coordinators roles and how to support them (keys, materials, scheduling, etc).
• Focusing on ramping other members into the Clay Space so they can use it confidently and grow it.
• Quantifying how many Keyholder and Drop-in memberships are baseline for successful operation - goals to meet in that regard.
• What is the formula for what Members pay for workshops and how to ensure everyone’s needs are met?
• How many workshops offered per month, in addition to ongoing and accessible free-form use - at least 2 per month by diverse instructors.
• Signs and rules for the clay space.
• Kiln set up
• Clean up schedule/ cleaning routine
• Where are we in relation to the funding?
• What do we really need money for next?
• How can teachers make money?
• Firing fee?
• Other fundraising ideas
• Other potential instructors and players
o Kathleen Raven
o Karen Clark
o Glen Mantie
o More please?