Anet A8

• 3D

Just bought an Anet A8 from gearbest.
    Should be here in a week or two.
    Will share photos when my new workstation laptop is here also.

• Classroom

@ColeVanD, were you aware of this thread, where @HeatherRose discusses the A8 that her and her father recently purchased and built?

https://community.kamloopsmakerspace.com/topic/989/anet-a8

• 3D

@kile yes.

• 3D

Mine came a few days ago, I’m going to be making a video on it once I get my new new workstation. It’s already built and I’ve printed quite a few things. :)

• They seem to be very solid little printers. I’ve done about 30-40hrs on ours so far, only two or three clogs, mostly when printing tricky overhangs. A glass bed was very helpful with adhesion issues. The resolution isn’t anywhere close to the club’s Prussa, but you can’t get everything for that price.

• 3D

@HeatherRose The Anet A8 won’t ever be the same quality as the Prussia i3 but I’m experimenting with my printer to find the perfect speed settings to make more “Quality Prints” by tuning the speeds to get a bit of a smother finish with less stringing. I will also be installing braces to make the frame more sturdy, Installing an auto bed leveling sensor and Upgrading to the SkyNet firmware. As of now my little Printer has OctoPrint Installed on the Pine 64 2GB Model (You could easily get away with the 512MB model of any Linux board) which makes it nice and simple to use my Custom Profiles from Cura™ and Slic3r™.

• 3D

This post is deleted!