3D printing workshop? anyone interested?

• 3D

I’ve been thinking of doing a 3d printing workshop for a little while now and wondering if it would get and reception.

We would be talking about

• Where to find models, and if they will print
    • How to use Slic3r
    • how to prep your printer and Install different filament
    • Troubleshooting
    • Cleaning up your prints/ Post processing

• Design Lab

Absolutely - lets get this scheduled and posted asap!

• 3D

@Vaughn Wondering when I should schedule this.

I am in

• I would try for a Tuesday night. We talked about this at the clay space meeting and it seemed that if you wanted to make something that was going to take more than one day we should do it on a Tuesday. Wednesday is free for people to follow up. If they don’t like the crowding then they can buy a membership.

• 3D

@Grant-Fraser Should I charge non-members and if so how much?

Tuesday I am free

• I’d be all over taking a 3D printing workshop.

• Design Lab

@ColeVanD, I think that you should charge both members and nonmembers. I would recommend $5 for members and $40 for non-members. This is something that I would encourage for all workshops.

The token charge to members signals that your time is important and valuable, and will weed out anyone that is not serious about learning the skills that you are teaching. People do sign up for workshops just because they are free, and this doesn’t always add to the success of the workshop.

If you decided to do this, you could pocket the $5/head, you could use it to get some materials/refreshments for the workshop, or you could donate it to the space. Or anything else, including a combination of the above.

$40 for non-members has been pretty standard for a 1-3 hour workshop with low material costs.

• Design Lab

Tuesday is a good idea - how about Tuesday 27th of June and Tuesday 18th July?

Need to give plenty of lead time for people to plan…

Thanks @ColeVanD !

• I saw the post about a workshop on facebook but was wondering how we sign up for it. I’d like to attend and potentially bring my father in law (and get him a month of membership).

• 3D

@Cindos Come in and talk to me or any other paying member. We will get you situated.

• Hey Cole. I’m already a member ;). Was just thinking of getting my father in law signed up for a membership to. Most of these usually have either a post that people sign up on or an event they sign up on if there is limited space. If that isn’t the case with this one do we just confirm with you if we are coming?

I’m in

• @Cindos said:

Hey Cole. I’m already a member ;). Was just thinking of getting my father in law signed up for a membership to. Most of these usually have either a post that people sign up on or an event they sign up on if there is limited space. If that isn’t the case with this one do we just confirm with you if we are coming?

We really missed the boat in not doing some sort of Father’s day event didn’t we? Maybe next year.

• @pierre Good guess. it’s actually a Father’s Day present.

• https://goo.gl/forms/4QkWNZN8HQvzxQbr2

Here is the application form for Workshops so that all the important and relevant information gets collected and events can be added to the calendar and Facebook.

• 3D

I am interested! Can you add me to the list for Tuesday June 27th?

• 3D

@pierre Fathers day 3D scans? Lol Next year

• 3D

@Beth Sure :)

• Whats the best way to pay for tonights workshop? E-transfer? Cold hard cash? Cryptocurrency ;)

Also the Facebook page says 5pm, the forum calendar says it starts at 6pm?

• 5 or 6 tonight?