New and Improved Maker Monday

• 3D

@KillwithKindness I’m busy with a turkey on Saturday (my brother will be in town) but if you leave or post a list of to-dos I should be able to get in on Monday. Dishes and toilets are fair game ;)
    See you Sunday at Duffy’s.

• @Beth : Thank you Beth. I will probably be in Monday as well so we can figure out what needs doing together.

• @Beth Sorry but I wasn’t able to stay until you arrived. I have been sick all weekend and in all three days to owork on the windows.

If you make it in can you try and clean up the sink area, kitchen in general and maybe wash the kitchen floor. It was the only bad floor I noticed. Aside from that it is just some of the normal things bathrooms if you have time might need a little work. I swept the ladies bathroom floor the other day.

Thank you very much for still coming in.

• 3D

I replied to the email notification of your post last night. I don’t know who gets that but oops. The kitchen is clean and mopped but I only had room to remove one garbage bag; my bin is full until Friday. Take care of yourself!

• @Beth: lol I have had to stop myself from doing that before. I am not sure who, if anyone, gets the reply from an email. I assume no one does because the emails are automated.

Thank you so much Beth for taking care of those things. Every little bit counts.

• Classroom

They come to the info box. If they look important I forward them. Otherwise they just get filed in a folder called “forum replies”.

• I want to thank everyone who took time out of the holiday weekend to help with winterizing the building. Thanks @pierre, @Grant-Fraser, @ornatesapphire, @Bradley-Maker, @megan-fenkhuber, @Fireball, Cory (Forum Handle Unknown.), @ColeVanD, @Nicholas and @n0pe.

I know it is a lot of work but hopefully with this years changes we will have an easier time in the future.

And another big thank you to @Beth for coming in and going Maker Monday even though it was a holiday!

Without these great people that come in and volunteer time towards making the Space better, cleaner, warmer or doing upgrades and repairs the Space wouldn’t be the great place it is.

The list of volunteers we get each week for Maker Monday is much longer then this. The people who have helped out even before Maker Monday existed are also not forgotten. Thank you ALL for the time and work you have put into the building and equipment we all enjoy using. We wouldn’t be this far without you.

• @kile said:

They come to the info box. If they look important I forward them. Otherwise they just get filed in a folder called “forum replies”.

Ahh, ok. Good to know. Thank you @kile

• @KillwithKindness said:

For @Bradley-Maker: Update on the windows/building repair.

Shop coordinator meeting for Monday October 16th, 7pm.
    @Ron_Ron, @Chainmaildave, @pierre, @Bradley-Maker, @kile, @Vaughn, @amanda_e / @Janet and @megan-fenkhuber

Agenda for the Monday meeting from @Bradley-Maker

1. Winterizing
    • I want to have a list of what needs doing fall and spring in each space as the seasons change
    • Each coordinator should check over there space to make sure it’s buttoned up and make a list of anything yet to be done. It would be great if that can get done before the meeting and i’ll compile a list.
    1. Usage guidelines for each space.
    • We want to have a manual for each space to guide members.
    • Storage guidelines for tools, materials, and member storage.
    • Waste guidelines.
    • Consumables in the space and how are they accounted for.
    • Regular maintenance items.
    • I’ll have a template ready in some digital form, I’m still fleshing it out on paper presently.
    1. Needs and wants lists.
    2. Signage needs.
    • Safety notices at tools.
    • Storage guidance.
    • These should be the important points from the usage guidelines posted around each room so users know how to use the space safely and efficiently.
    • Again, I will have a Google form that can be filled out for each sign.

• Reminder that tonight is Maker Monday.

Planned dinner, totchos. I made these some time ago at the Space and they where pretty popular so come and do an hour cleaning to help the Space and enjoy a meal.

@amanda_e: I am making a small veggie only batch for you, assuming you are attending the coordinator meeting.

• Design Lab

thanks @KillwithKindness - turns out i can make it tonight after all!

• I want to thank everyone that made it in last night. I know we didn’t do many Maker Monday cleaning type tasks but the Coordinator meeting was important for the improvement of the Space and that benefits everyone.

I want to thank @Beth and her son, @ornatesapphire, @Grant-Fraser, Nikita, @Krankin and @Vaughn as well as anyone I missed for the cleaning you were able to do.

@amanda_e: If you are in the Space some time soon the meal I had prepared for you is in the fridge and labeled for you.

• Maker Monday again.

I know the Haunted House is coming up soon here so I figure some people will be working on props for that.

For those who are coming in to clean we need floors swept and washed. Bathrooms and kitchen need to be cleaned up. Lounge tables. Wood shop probably needs some work as well. And garbage’s need to be done.

Tonight’s dinner is Pea Soup.

@KillwithKindness I won’t be at Maker Monday tonight, just letting you know so you don’t make an extra meal.

• @KillwithKindness forgot her laptop this morning… So I’ll make this post. Maker Monday this week is at the Courthouse, cleaning up the Haunted House stuff. Dinner will be Pizza because we don’t have time to make something. IF there’s time, we will also clean up the mess at the space from the haunted house prep… But if not, we’ll have to take care of it over the coming few days.

• I want to thank everyone that came in for Maker Monday last night.

We focused on the lounge and cleaning up the left overs from the haunted house. Also kitchen clean up as well.

I won’t be in next Monday for clean up. If anyone can cover Maker Monday for me that would be great. I did talk to @Krankin but I post here just in case he can’t make it due to his work commute.

• Design Lab

Thank you @kill and all who helped out Monday night. I am.out of town on work so couldn’t make it, but I will lead the charge next Monday night.

I look forward to getting back into the space but right now I’m in serious catch up mode after dealing with family.matters.

Thank you for everyone’s work - Halloween was a lot! Good job.

• @Vaughn: Thank you for taking charge.

The only thing I currently know about that would be great to get done for next Monday (Or sooner if anyone is willing and able to take it on.) is that the main entry mudroom door really needs to be worked on. That gap at the bottom is killing our heat. And Grant has asked that the curtain not be up in that doorway between the mudroom and the kitchen because of the plumbing in the mudroom. I wanted to get it done this Monday but we just didn’t have the man power. I believe the supplies are in the mudroom by the door.

I also heard that @kile had wanted to perhaps just buy an all new door for that room. I don’t want to step on any toes if that plan is going through. As long as the door can be dealt with pretty soon here.

• I believe all that door needs is a sweep. Not sure about what there is for striping in the rest of it. @Grant-Fraser I believe we had a short discussion about putting a baseboard heater in that room to keep it above zero. The curtain is also a safety hazard. I have been caught in it numerous times with full hands or tripped over something or someone going through. If we need to keep that area separate we should be putting a door that has a window there. Puting an insulated box over the swamp cooler may not be a bad idea.

• @Nicholas: There was something about the bottom of the door being rotted out so that was the reasoning for the idea of replacing it. Don’t quote me in that because it is second hand information.

I think @Bradley-Maker had said he would make the new box for the swamp cooler. Not sure on the progress of that.
    Pierre bought all the supplies for a two way kitchen door for the mudroom/kitchen. Cory donated some acrylic for a window in it. @Bradley-Maker was working on installing said door. Not sure where this is at.