Startup Weekend is back!
For those that haven’t heard of Startup Weekend, it’s a 54 hour hackathon to turn ideas into businesses. Friday night people can pitch if they want, teams are formed around those ideas. Saturday + Sunday is working on the idea and building the business, learning from mentors and industry experts, ending with pitching to a panel of judges.
- you don’t need an idea to participate
- it is not mandatory to pitch, but you might surprise yourself
- you don’t need to have a technical background or specific skill to participate. Teams are usually made up of developers, designers, and marketing/business background.
- ticket includes meals for the entire weekend, prizes and swag, and the weekend itself.
Why you should sign up:
- test and validate an idea you might have
- potential to form a team of cofounders
- learn from peers and mentors
- get valuable feedback from judges who have extensive experience
Full agenda details and tickets can be found here: http://communities.techstars.com/canada/kamloops/startup-weekend/11304
If anyone has questions, please reach out I would be happy to answer. Early bird tickets are on sale until Aug 25th, then go up to $75 (for students) and $99 (for general)