Vectors 101 - Thursday Sept 21 7pm

• Design Lab

0_1504915238259_vectors logo.jpg
    Many of the machines in use at the Makerspace, including the laser cutter, vinyl cutter, CNC mills and more use VECTOR file format to provide the ‘paths’ that these machines need to do their work. Unlike ‘rasterized’ images that consist of a grid of pixels to create the image, a ‘vector’ image is comprised of hairline paths that the machine uses to guide its tool (laser cutting shapes in wood, for example, or cutting adhesive films with the vinyl cutter).

A solid understanding of how vector images are acquired or built from scratch is an essential step in learning to talk to these machines and get them to do what you want them to do. Using software such as CorelDRAW, InkScape, Adobe Illustrator (all known as ‘vector drawing programs’), users can create and manage the path files required.

Join @Design-Lab Coordinator @Vaughn Warren for a 2 hour session of learning and sharing information about VECTORS - a great opportunity to flatten the learning curve and get going on key Makerspace equipment, like the laser cutter, vinyl cutter and CNC mills.

No experience necessary, all are welcome, including parent accompanied youth.
    Participants are invited to bring their project ideas or files to share and discuss.

VECTORS 101
    Thursday September 21, 2017
    7-9 pm
    at Design Lab at Kamloops Makerspace

FREE for Makerpsace Members
    $20 for non-members

For more information: vaughn@kamloopsmakerspace.com

• I’m in!

• Put me on the list please!

• Design Lab

If.people see the Facebook ad for this, please share? It helps.promote the space even of people don’t have an interest in the actual class.

• Design Lab

This post is deleted!

• I’d like to come too!

• Design Lab

@n0pe killer man ur booked.

• If there is room I would like to be added to the list.

• Design Lab

Confirmed so far:
    @ornatesapphire
    @Torren
    Neil
    @n0pe
    @chrisyewchyn

2 more spots left, although 6 is plenty.

Thanks everyone!

• Dang- I requested sign up for Leslie & I on the Facebook Page. Can we still get in? Thanks Shelaigh

• Design Lab

@Shelaigh - I messaged you!

• Quick question…does a person need to bring their own computer to the workshop?

• Design Lab

@ornatesapphire no, but you can. Bring your project ideas or source material if you like.

• Design Lab

@Shelaigh there is room for you and Leslie, if you are still interested!

• Yes Vaughn we will be there. I messaged you…