Haunted House Planning 2017

• That yarn thing is awesome.

I just picked up some of the webcaster glue sticks that Home Depot sells for their $40 glue-gun/compressed air webcaster… We did ok in an initial test using normal hot glue and a blow-gun, but I wanted to see if the stuff they’re selling is easier to clean up or comes out better. I don’t want to blow glue around at the courthouse, but laying up “airbrushed” spiderwebs onto props is an option… And the stuff feels super realistic, so @KillwithKindness and I were thinking we might arrange to make some to stretch so that people have to walk through it…

I also bought a mini projector that is intended to project onto a screen in a window. The videos that came with it are not super awesome, but it’ll take whatever I want to put on a USB stick. I’m hoping to find some good ghost loops to project onto fog or insect netting outside. Scare some folks in the line would be nice.

• @pierre imagine using white yarn to make a “spider Web” screen… for a sit down horror movie theatre experience, then having a character break through the screen with a wicked costume…

• @pierre and use some magnets like those mosquito net doors so the screen can be put together afterwards.

• I finally have time to work on this sorry for the delay. I have confirmation from the city for the use of the courthouse. Thank you to everyone who made last year a great success. The effort that went into protecting and cleaning the building resulted in our being invited back. This year we will continue to emphasize the importance of respecting this historic building.

I appreciate Ideas, however, I reserve the right to veto anything I believe may harm the building. I am not big on gore in general but I do believe the kitchen is the best place to use those effects. Do we want to do the aliens in that room again? We could utilize them in another part and extend the cannibal kitchen. I still insist on not utilizing wet blood or gore however the kitchen lends itself best to clean up. The vampire room seemed a little underwhelming compared to other rooms. We can improve that or replace it with something else.

TRU will most likely be bringing in actors to engage the lineup. I would like to do something in the parking lot and on the lawn. I would like to look into a good amount of low-lying fog without impairing visibility on the road.

We will be starting the move in on Wednesday the 25th and will have the access from 8:00 am to 11:00 to set up until 6:00 pm Friday the 27th, when we will be doing our first public showing. It will end at 9:00 pm followed by a small cleanup. Resets and maintenance can be done on Saturday with the TRU only showing happening from 6:00 to 9:00 with a short cleanup. The last public showing will be Sunday the 29th from 6:00 to 9:00 with reset during the day. A larger cleanup that evening with the final rollout on Monday.

@vaughn The public days are Friday the 27th and Sunday the 29th. It will be open 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Parental discretion advised. Reubin’s will have food available. I would like the same special thanks unless anyone would like to see some other ones added. Here is last years poster.

0_1506970075193_Halloween Poster Small.jpg

• Design Lab

@Nicholas ok im on the poster and facebook sized promo stuff. gimme a day or two

Can we give the event an over the top theme name? Shakerspace? Makerspace: Judgement Day? Nightmare at Olde Courthouse?

I think the yearly theme/special title is winning promo…

vw

• Design Lab

This post is deleted!

• Design Lab

How is this poster image? did I miss any info on it?

0_1507008173676_poster sketch 1.jpg

• @Vaughn can you make the bottom solid white where the sponsors are? I think it will add a little balance as they already have white backgrounds. Food and drink available would be nice as well.

• Is everyone happy with this? If so can I get a full-size file @Vaughn so I can get some printed?

• Design Lab

• Planning meeting at Makerspace Thursday October 19th @ 6:30PM!

Anybody planning on volunteering please try and make it as I will have sign-up sheets and important information to hand out. If you cannot make it, I will post the positions still needed after the meeting.

Thanks in advance!