Art in the Dark

• Looking at possible projects for Art in the Dark this year. I have a feeling we might need a bigger booth this year.

• So I finished my laser sound wave project. After spending a few hours playing with it. All I have to do now is slap a KM sticker on it and take a few pictures of it. I am very happy the way it turned out. What did I use for it. A bass subwoofer , a balloon, and a fancy laser set up. Also a tiny mirror.

• Design Lab

Blender (v.2) is good to.go…

• infinity cubed is all ready to go also!!!

• I am happy with the way it turned out.
    0_1508121779234_iytityityityityiyti.JPG

• I have been enjoying watching all kinds of music. Even classical music.
    0_1508121900366_PA140311.JPG

• Design Lab

Awesome work @Ron_Ron! For art in the dark it might be fun to have it hooked up to a microphone. Would be really interactive that way…

• We could do that or hook it up to the sound system.

• So it turns out that the Art in the Dark coordinator is running the kitchen at my work… She says they’re doing it at Art Knapp this year. In the greenhouse.

And she wanted to know if the Makerspace wants to just go crazy on lighting shit up? Going to come by on Wednesday to see if anyone is interested.

• Design Lab

@pierre, I’d go with yes on that. Thanks for setting up this up.

Do you know if they have a budget for materials? The amount of “crazy” that would could go would be directly proportional to the materials available.

• Design Lab

• @kile said:

Do you know if they have a budget for materials? The amount of “crazy” that would could go would be directly proportional to the materials available.

They have no budget for anything on this. Which means I think we’d want to re-use as many props and things as we have on hand. I’d be up for flying a helium filled LED banner inside the greenhouse… :) Some of the things @Ron_Ron has already built seem well suited (she was particularly interested in the LED mushrooms) Maybe some projectors, fog, spot-lights with laser-cut shadows… The Seahorse Seance would look pretty awesome in the right spot.

We have some lighting gear on the hackroom shelves too

• If we bodge together a nice bezel for it, @Ron_Ron 's hologram projector could be fun. Maybe a crystal-ball that sticks out of a “table”?