Our Mission: Should We Choose to Accept it?

• Classroom

So I went looking for the Kamloops Makerspace mission statement on the forum, and all I could find was this post. But the mission statement that is in our by-laws, which I believe is the official version, is a bit different. From the bylaws on github:

The purposes of the society are:

• To provide a physical space where makers, hobbyists, inventors, artists, engineers, and other innovative people from all walks of life, can come together and share ideas, knowledge, equipment, and opinions in a collaborative and creative atmosphere

• To organize and host workshops and events focused on teaching specific or broad skills related to tinkering, using tools, and making things to members and the community

• To provide related services and tools for fostering creativity and progress in the arts, science, and technology as determined by the members

Personally, I really, really like the mission statement, and it has inspired me to put a lot of work into the space. I think that while we are developing policy around the space, this should be a primary consideration.

Personally, I would be happy if each policy that space approved had the mission statement printed at the top, and clearly explained how the policy intended to accomplish those goals.