New Members Intro Package

• Design Lab

It has been identified that a package of information be provided to new members, that provides basic information to get them started. I imagine that this doc would be emailed to them as part of their sign-up follow through (ie automated). There would also be hard copies available in the lounge.

I am starting this thread to start roughing out a list of what that package should include - it will be an evolving work in progress as things develop, and can be updated periodically.

Kamloops Makerspace New Members Package DRAFT:

• A welcome message, which includes an invitation to attend and volunteer at Maker Monday and Hack Night.

• Contact details (our address, website, phone, facebook page, forum info, Google Drive, access to Google calendar, Teams info), emergency contacts

• A list of shops, coordinators, capabilities, etc.

• A list of events we attend, fundraisers we do, etc

• Safe Space Policy

• Wishlist for donations

• List of Sponsors, thanking them and encouraging Members to shop with them.

• Social Media policy (especially encouraging sharing builds and photos of action at the Space - invitation to be an editor on facebook page and take on regular posts

So thats a start

• Classroom

@Vaughn, awesome start. I have been working on a few of these pieces.

I think that with a Sharepoint Communication Site we can tie everything in the second bullet into one location online, that will continue to update in a dynamic way as things are updated in each of the areas.

There are a few pieces that weren’t on my radar, but that totally make sense. I’ll use this framework to summarize and present what I have been working on for the next board meeting, and we can go from there.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling here!

• @Vaughn this is a great idea.

I recommend a portion dedicated to safety - tips, regulations, suggestions and the location of PPE around the space