Makerspace Policy

• Classroom

Hi Everyone!

This is a placeholder post to get the conversation rolling about how we deal with policy. I showed a working draft of the classroom policy document at the last Members Meeting, and my plan it to make a template based on this. I will edit this post in the future to add details about how I view policy for us to engage in creating the culture that we want to achieve our collective mission.

For now I’ll park that mission here, but it will be moved into another post below shortly.

The purposes of the society are:

a. To provide a physical space where makers, hobbyists, inventors, artists, engineers, and other innovative people from all walks of life, can come together and share ideas, knowledge, equipment, and opinions in a collaborative and creative atmosphere

b. To organize and host workshops and events focused on teaching specific or broad skills related to tinkering, using tools, and making things to members and the community

c. To provide related services and tools for fostering creativity and progress in the arts, science, and technology as determined by the members

• Classroom

Placeholder post for template