Members Meeting Tuesday December 12, 2017 6:30-8:30


  • Design Lab

    There has been talk of doing a special event in December, similar to the visioning meeting we had last December. I’m all for it, but want to make sure the action items from last meeting and the ongoing business don’t get lost in the mix.

    I will start a template here as if it was a normal meeting. Maybe we can work on solving all of this online, and then focus on the fun stuff for the December meeting instead?

    I will update the title and times if we decide to go about things this way, but this is what we are currently showing on the official calendar.


  • Design Lab

    December Members Meeting

    Draft agenda

    Meeting Chair:

    Meeting Notes:

    Roll call:

    Meeting called to order at:

    Draft agenda approved:

    Last Members Meeting

    Meeting notes approved:

    Report on action Items: <as is or w/ revisions>

    Safe Space policy

    Membership tracking/forum

    Policy

    • @kile template—action item @kile provide template as per classroom document by Dec 12

    LEAP Fundraising opportunity, Dec 2

    Report from Chair

    Placeholder topic 1

    • Placeholder bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2
    • Placeholder bullet 2
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2

    Report from Secretary

    Placeholder topic 1

    • Placeholder bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2
    • Placeholder bullet 2
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2

    Report from Treasurer

    Placeholder topic 1

    • Placeholder bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2
    • Placeholder bullet 2
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2

    Other ongoing business

    Placeholder topic 1

    • Placeholder bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2
    • Placeholder bullet 2
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2

    New Business

    Placeholder topic 1

    • Placeholder bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2
    • Placeholder bullet 2
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 1
      • Placeholder sub-bullet 2

    Edits:
    @kile (nov27)—added extra tags because tagging inside code comment blocks is buggy


  • Design Lab

    This will be a normal Members Meeting and we can have the visioning potluck dinner on the following SUnday.



  • @Vaughn Sunday Dec 17th? Its not on the calendar yet.


  • Design Lab

    @Grant-Fraser after taking a look at the non-response to the idea (only one person responded), I am unsure whether to plan it or not?



  • @Vaughn if you plan it they will come


  • Design Lab

    Four evenings of volunteering in one week is too much for me, @Grant-Fraser - Ill let others step up, if they want.


  • Design Lab

    @Vaughn, that sounds more than reasonable.

    To clarify, was it planning the event on the 17th that you would like someone to take on?

    I’m happy to take the lead on organizing it.


  • Design Lab

    @kile the core intention is to have a visioning exercise like I led last year to renew the group vision of where the Makerspace is going in 2018 and to recognize the accomplishments and challenges of the last year.

    This information would also help finish the Plan Genie process, which is at Step 3, I believe.

    I had combined it with the Tuesday Dec 12 Members Meeting to make for less meetings, but it looked like too much for one sitting, even with dinner involved.

    Personally, I have to reduce my volunteering for a while and catch up with my own work.


Log in to reply