We should have a games night.

• Design Lab

@pierre awesome! It looks so good.

I’m thinking either December 9th or 16. Both are saturdays. Does anyone have a preference or better suggested date?

• both dates? :)

• @Krankin said:

I’m thinking either December 9th or 16. Both are saturdays. Does anyone have a preference or better suggested date?

Pierre and I won’t be able to attend on the 9th. Unless we did a games day. Work Christmas Party starts at 5pm. We could be at the Space during the day to game and walk to the party from there. We don’t normally stay long so we would probably come back if gaming is still happening.

I want to suggest Friday the 8th or Sunday the 10th if Saturday during the day doesn’t work.

I know that there is a LAN party set for the 16th of Dec. At least that is what the calendar says. I am not sure who set that up so I don’t know if that plan is still going forward. Maybe someone involved can post to let us know, just so we don’t step on any toes. If it is then the lounge will be full of gaming computers I assume.

Some of the games Megan, Pierre and myself have could be played in the Craftorium perhaps. Or with the classroom coordinators blessing, @Kile, we could use that room. Set it up and clean up when we are done of course. I don’t want to step on any toes here either. And of course if someone wants to book it for anything paid we would pick another area to game.

• Design Lab

@KillwithKindness, I would love to see the classroom used for this!

IMO the only considerations we have right now is that the classroom should be used as much as possible to support other activities at the space, but should always be left in a totally neutral state when not actively in use.

I would like to see us to prioritize use of the classroom for activities that create the most educational benefits, but we currently aren’t seeing a lot of use, so this consideration may be a ways out.

In the mean time, I say we need to use it for whatever makes sense, and as much as possible. For people that are using it, I would love to hear your thoughts on what is working, what might not be, and ways to improve the classroom in terms of achieving our mission!

The purposes of the society are:

a. To provide a physical space where makers, hobbyists, inventors, artists, engineers, and other innovative people from all walks of life, can come together and share ideas, knowledge, equipment, and opinions in a collaborative and creative atmosphere
    b. To organize and host workshops and events focused on teaching specific or broad skills related to tinkering, using tools, and making things to members and the community
    c. To provide related services and tools for fostering creativity and progress in the arts, science, and technology as determined by the members

How about starting at noon on the 9th then. If someone with editing access to the calendar wants to pencil that in. That would be appreciated.

• @kile In regards to the classroom Insight does use that room and we really appreciate it. For what we are doing it is the perfect set up for sitting and chatting about our projects or whatever. We have students talking about their projects and other students giving them their take on how to make it differently/better. I love that it’s a neutral space with just chair and tables (and a podium for me to feel very special in front of). I’m not sure what other groups are coming into makerspace but for our groups that space is perfect.

• @Krankin said:

How about starting at noon on the 9th then. If someone with editing access to the calendar wants to pencil that in. That would be appreciated.

Done, did this last night but I didn’t get back here to post and let you know it was done. Sorry.

Bumping this up the page. Starting time is 12:00pm (noon) bring any games and snacks you want.

• I managed to have the day off so I will be there with Cult Following, Cards Against Humanity, Settlers of Catan: Star Trek, Carcassonne, Exploding Kittens, Bohnanza, , Ticket to Ride Europe, Crib, Arcadia Quest, and Nintendo Monopoly (I think)!

i’ll bring scabble, and jenga (both normal and mini sizes)

• Design Lab

I will bring that programming board game I have been working on. If people wabt to test that it would be awesome. Plus a bunch of palago tiles. I can also try to cut a board for the palago tiles that supports another game or two with the same tiles

let the games begin.

• I showed up for a bit. I had a blast! :)

• Design Lab

Thanks to everyone who came, and in particular @Krankin and @megan-fenkhuber! Cult following was awesome, it is totally hilarious, and actually not a bad way to pick up improvisation and rhetoric skills.

This was a lot of fun, I think we should do it on a recurring basis about every 6 weeks. I definitely want to bring Pandemic: Contagion, it is a pretty good game and the rounds are fairly quick so it would be good here. Also I want to cut a board for Gates, which is another game (from the same designer) that uses the same tiles as Palago.

• Thank you everyone! I had a great time!

@Riss thank you for coming. it was fun playing games with you