Don't bother with VR; keep it real with AR

• Classroom

• 3D

@kile not many computers can even run high quality vr well, when CPU tech and motion tracking tech catch up this will look more interesting to me.

Also can’t imagine the price of this when it comes out will be too pleasing either xD

• Classroom

@ColeVanD, I’m sure the price won’t put me into the market for one, but I was actually trying to make the point that this is more interesting than VR.

From the article, it appeared to me that they had significantly reduced the CPU requirements (and therefore weight) by using some kind of sampling techniques, and then feeding through some data with holes, which your brain kind of fills in.

It is really hard to tell though. I know there has been a massive amount of buzz around this company, and letting in any media is new, so it sounds like stuff is actually getting close. They are still keeping enough under wraps that there are some technical questions that are impossible to answer.

I’m not entirely sure, but if it lives up to the hype, and is actually as small and sleek as the prototype looks, then it is miles beyond the current state of VR as far as I can tell.

• jeri ellsworth is an idol for me.