6th Annual Family Day Festival - Mon Feb 12th 10am-2pm

• Design Lab

City of Kamloops has invited Makerspace to the 6th Annual Family Day Festival, Monday Feb 12th 10 - 2 pm at Tournament Center

https://www.kamloops.ca/our-community/news-events/events-calendar/family-day-festival

We’ve been there for at least a few years and its a fun day to show our portable stuff, which we have quite a bit of now!

Give a shout here if you up for helping out on this one - I can commit a few hours to it.

• I can help. I’ts the family day stat holiday. We are having a time crunch for February.

Feb 11th is supposed to be our fundraising dinner but it is not yet on the calendar. @megan-fenkhuber have we confirmed the location? Has anybody gone looking for silent auction items?

Our AGM is suggested for mid-February as well.

• Design Lab

OK we are booked for this fun day - @Grant-Fraser and I have volunteered so far to man the tables. It was really fun last year, with lots of kids interest at our table.

Need:

@Ron_Ron holobox running
    @kile shape table game (cant remember the name of it!) also did you have that frogger game?
    @ColeVanD can we run the 3d printer? multi material demo?
    Maniquin with cosplay, masks, blender staff and assassin creed gauntlet?
    Infinity cube?
    Blender?
    Big ass Makerspace banner? @Vaughn

What other shenanigans can we deploy?

• The game is called palago.
    At the moment the holoboc just needs to be connected to a pc. I have ordered a chromecast and just waiting for it in the mail.
    The infinity cube is a bit fragile so if you bring it you have to be very careful.

• Classroom

@Vaughn, sounds good.

I should be able to spend some time at the booth, but need to check the schedule again before committing. January and February are filling up fast.

I’ll get Palago together, and see if it makes sense to bring the programming one. It is currently more of a 1-2 hr directed learning experience, but I may be able to adapt it. Just not sure if I will have the time.

Written instructions for Palago will be easy though, plus there is another game with the same tiles that we could cut a board for on the loaner.