Dishwasher?

• Design Lab

0_1518746017290_28053684_1832430706828334_227299281_n.png

• The one we have will work it just smells a little funky. The bigger issue is that nobody has connected it. No point in buying a dishwasher that will sit around for another year

• 3D

@Grant-Fraser Why does everyone say that diskwasher at the space is for parts?

• Any time you leave an appliance closed it begins to smell bad. The smell of the dishwasher won’t affect its ability to clean the dishes. Some people think the bad smell means we can’t use the dishwasher so we should just think of it as parts. I think that the biggest problem is that we don’t have a connection for the dishwasher so all dishwasher projects are doomed tio fail.

• I don’t believe anyone said the one we have doesn’t work because it smells. I said I don’t want to use it and don’t trust it because of the smell. But that is just me, I am a little paranoid about food stuffs.

However the machine we have does not work. It was donated as a non functioning machine. The previous owners did not want to acquire the parts necessary to make it work again as they were given a newer functioning machine for free.

It was brought to the Space to be repaired and then used to wash parts. Unless someone has repaired it and or tested it the statues of the machine is still the same. Non functioning.

Thank you @Vaughn for keeping an eye open for a machine for us.

Just a reminder to anyone helping look for a new dishwasher, it must have an NSF certification sticker.

• I just replaced my dishwasher with a new Bosch. I am happy to donate to the space or anyone who wants a new one. It is a fairly high-end Whirlpool with a stainless interior and white exterior. My wife thought it was too loud, but I thought it was quiet. Have to say the Bosch is quieter, but free makes it sound pretty good. The old one is sitting outside now under-cover, but exposed, so a quick pick-up is best. No warranty, but it was working when I removed it. Just let me know if you want to come pick it up. I live in Batchelor.

• @robert said:

I just replaced my dishwasher with a new Bosch. I am happy to donate to the space or anyone who wants a new one. It is a fairly high-end Whirlpool with a stainless interior and white exterior. My wife thought it was too loud, but I thought it was quiet. Have to say the Bosch is quieter, but free makes it sound pretty good. The old one is sitting outside now under-cover, but exposed, so a quick pick-up is best. No warranty, but it was working when I removed it. Just let me know if you want to come pick it up. I live in Batchelor.

Should have said it was about 5 years old.

• @robert I’ve sent you a private message

• Dishwasher is installed and running. no leaks.

• @Grant-Fraser and @pierre I want to thank you both for the large number of hours you put in to getting this finished. It looks awesome it it’s custom build cabinet.