What's wrong with the planer?

• Electric

Hey all,
    Does anybody know what’s wrong with the planer? I went to go use and it and saw the message “Danger. Do not use.” written across it.

Thanks!
    Lucas

![0_1532190887413_IMG_20180715_155601.jpg](Uploading 100%)

Still can’t believe it’s not butter…

• Anyone?

I’d start by checking that the blades are firmly mounted before powering it up… ?

Maybe even take the cutter head off entirely and see if the motor
    still works. Then check the cutter head for balance, then try
    putting it back together?

A 20k RPM wobble would ruin your day.

• @Krankin says the blades are out for maintenance/replacement…

• Electric

Thanks pierre and Torren. Any word on when the blades will be back?

Still can’t believe it’s not butter…

• @lrietze @Bradley-Maker do you know the planer blade status?

• I saw @Bradley-Maker installing the blades last night. Reminder to people using the table saw - use the correct blade for the job you are doing. If you are using the planer or the joiner make only the thinnest cuts with each pass. Less than 1/8 inch at a time. Make sure there are no nails or staples in the wood.

Brad had taken the blades out to be sharpened as they were in poor shape. He got several blades for the woodshed sharpened. T
    hey are back now

• Note for future: when you mark a machine as dead, leaving a note so the reason is not a mystery is nice.

• @pierre I agree completely. I think every machine should have a log book beside it so that notes can be made as to the cause of the problem etc.

Creating that is a goal of mine, I will be posting more details and templates soon.