Job postings?

• I’m not sure if it is really appropriate here, but I figured I’d talk about it anyway…

When iTel was still paying for free pizza at the basement H4ck nights at KIC, they justified it as a sneaky way to do job interviews. My boss asked me if I’d run into any Python or Go programmers that are looking for work recently, and it occurred to me that there are a bunch of makers here with skills in all sorts of stuff. It’d be handy if members of our community who are looking for work got hooked up with people who pay for work, if only because it is a lot easier to pay dues and for parts for projects if someone is paying you. Even better if they’re paying you to do things that you enjoy.

So unless somebody tells me that this is a terrible idea and that I should stop partaking in evil commerce or something like that: If you don’t have a job and want one, and have some sort of skills, speak up here! If you do have a job, but don’t like it, and have skills… Or if you know somebody who need skilled people… You get the idea.

• Hey dont know if this has been approved yet or not but Im gonna post anyways.
    Mature,Reliable, and looking for work. I have wheels, many skills, experience in varoius trades and in corporate mgmt. Above all I am open minded enjoy learning. Nothing is too big or too small
    Thanks

• dont know if this has been approved yet or not but Im gonna post anyways

@LazerusRy that is the right attitude here ;). We are pretty laid back and I don’t see any issue with having this thread as long as it is genuine and does not get hijacked by recruiters, which I doubt would be the case. By the way, welcome to our community forum ! :smile:

• Linux

We need someone to learn to score keep for our dog agility events, to cover for me when I’m away. It’s a per-day gig, and you need to come out and learn hands-on one day this weekend, then be available to work a day on Thanksgiving Weekend (Sunday) on your own.
    The software is much much better than the old horrible Access-based one we used to use, and you don’t need to be particularly tech savvy. If you can operate a mouse and type numbers in, you should be fine :)

If you’re interested, PM me or email me at licketysit@gmail.com and we’ll talk!
    The Thanksgiving day needs covering, but there will probably be other future days I won’t be around and will need someone to cover for me!

Learning and working on learning more!