Lumière Lantern Festival Workshop #1: Monday Nov 2nd 5:30 to 7:30

• I mentioned earlier that this year we are collaborating with Kamloops Arts Council to support the the 2015 lantern festival.

illumination.jpg

The first workshop happening this coming Monday (November 2nd) is an opportunity to talk about your lantern or light installation projects for this year. We will also go through basics of illumination using various types of LED lights as well as EL (Electroluminescent) wires. The plan is to have a workshop every Monday night in November.

• If you are not sure what to build and looking for ideas, this workshop is for you.
    • If you already have a plan, this workshop is a great chance to connect with others and get feedback on your project.
    • If you know some creative techniques that can be used for light sculptures, come and tell us about it (or better yet, show us!)

This workshop is free, but please press the button below to let us know how many people are attending (you must be logged in).

[whoisin title=(Will you attend the workshop on Monday November 2nd?) iamin=(Yes I will be there!)]

Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. See you Monday!

• Looking forward to collaborating with Makerspace and KAC for this event.

• Linux

There was a discussion about grants and funding on Monday. Did anyone get more details?

Learning and working on learning more!

• The Kamloops Art Council is the organizing and funding/grant-seeking body. The Kamloops Art Council (KAC) and the Downtown Business Improvement Association (BIA) have funded traditional lantern workshops and I understood from discussions at the Monday Makerspace meeting that the BIA are contributing to Makerspace’s work. Merchants are making workshop and some display space available. Because this is currently a relatively new (3 festivals so far) biennial effort, it’s still in the “many possibilities” stage, and only 2’ish weeks away, I doubt if more funding for this year is available in such a short time, but as the Festival develops, I heard many great suggestions to make it amazing. Hope the community can support and grow the Festival!

@hdsheena

• Thank you @Solange for the clarification.

I also just received a light sculpture entry form from Lorel Sternig, here is the message from her:

I put together an entry form for anyone interested in doing an installation so that Tanya can get an idea of the space requirements…feel free to pass this on to anyone that is keen to do a project!

I have printed a bunch of these forms and they will be in our lounge for anyone interested.

• Linux

http://www.kcbia.com/lights-in-the-night/

I found this page helpful!

Learning and working on learning more!