ARTISTS WANTED: Holiday window display contest

• I got this message from Lorel Sternig from KAC and she suggested I share it on our forum to hopefully find a few more interested artist:

The Downtown Business Association is holding a holiday window contest with the theme of LIGHTS. Downtown businesses are looking for artists to partner with to decorate their windows, (or at least a portion of it.) A $50 honorarium will be paid to cover the artist’s time, with additional supplies, design and money to be discussed between the merchant and artist. Any artists that are interested in this opportunity, please contact the stores to find our further details or let Tanya at know you are interested when other businesses come on board.

So far, a couple of stores have contacted Tanya at the KCBIA: Lavender Lingerie email: and 406 Sportswear Ltd. email: . We will be putting this call out in our next newsletter that is going out Thurs or Friday.

Let us know here if you made arrangements to work with any of the businesses in town, or know other businesses that are looking for artists but have not found anyone yet.

• Hey, I’m new(ish) to Kamloops, and looking to contribute in creative ways to both Makerspace as well as the general public. Thanks a lot for posting this! I’ll be contacting them right away.