Looking to contract "free surface flow" CFD work; Flow 3d, Ansys Fluent, AutoDesk CFD, Openfoam or ?

• My company makes water intakes. I need someone to do some contract CFD modeling. The model has water flowing over a water intake. There is air above (free surface flow). Some of the water flows into the intake while some passes over top. This could be 2D modeling.
    Contact me for more information.
    Stuart Douglass

• I did some looking into various ways to model using computational fluid dynamics (CFD).

With solidworks or autodesk cfd, there are at a lot of modeling options that allow you at analyze porous media, multiphase fluid flow, and particulate fluid flow. There are many advantages to using it, where a 3D design can be analyzed. I found a tutorial that shows how you would adjust the program to fit the environment your looking for.

On pages 15-19 illustrate the different settings and techniques needed for different modeling simulations (multiphase flow, particle trajectory, etc.). With Solidworks or Autodesk CFD, a more complicated design or smaller mesh size will take your computer a long time to process, from experience could take an hour or could be 3 days.

ANSYS Fluent has ways of performing more interesting fluid phenomenon and displaying the results in a 2D mesh. It has the capability of analyzing free surface water using the Volume of Fluid method (Chapter 18), analyzing a bubble flow using the Mixing method (Ch 11 or Ch 20), or determining areas of cavitation (Ch 19). I found a reasonable step-by-step process from the following site.

OpenFoam is more code-based but looks like it can do some of the testing you are looking for. Here are two tutorials guides below: