Building a workbench/desk -- Check this post out!

• Electric

Befor i get started on any projects, i need to build a workbench /desk for my bedroom. My budget is $60. My idea was four feet long, two and a half feet wide, and thirty inches high. I would like some feedback on this, like what kind of wood should i use, structural design, to add different functionalitys, keep it ergonomic/convenient, and how to keep this thing cheap but very sturdy. Once i figure out how to keep my room organized, i would then move on to the 3d printer.

• That’s a pretty small budget for using new materials. But you might be able to buy/hack an existing piece of furniture from one of the thrift stores. An old cabinet stereo perhaps?

There’s some books in the hall outside the ladies room you could look at too

• Founder

Check your other post, as I saw it first.

I posted some ideas. I think a knock-down plywood table will suit your purposes and budget.

• Holder

upload-a74c7a73-baf7-40a4-8c2d-70335f64b060

I just finished building this plywood desk, it is 48" x 30" x 18". I just used a sheet of sanded 5/8" plywood and some wood dowels to hold it together. Total cost of the build ~$60.

I would be using 3/4" plywood if the desk was going to be any bigger, 5/8" has some issues with bowing.