Lasercutter Purchase! -- Finalizing
I am at the point that I am satisfied with the price and feature set. Here is the last email I got from them:
Total cost, $USD 4080
Machine: LC1390, 100W RECI, Blower, air pump, water pump, RD control, > Honeycomb and Knife strip table, auto up-down table, auto focus, manual and video,
$USD 3800 / Set, FOB Qingdao. (With 5% discount)
Red dot pointer added, $USD 100 (To show the laser position with red light)
Freight cost, $ 180
- Does the machine have a USB interface? Can we load files using a USB flash drive and cut them without a computer being connected to the laser cutter?
- Both USB and U disk supported, and can be connect to the machine directly
- Can we have the visible laser indicator that uses the mirrors instead of being on an angel to avoid this issue: https://vimeo.com/4649654
- Red dot pointer added
- Can you still ship the machine to us before your new year holidays? Let us know when you will need the payment by to ship the machine before February 7th.
- Not sure about the estimate delivery date now, but we promise you we will put into production asap! To try our best to send you the goods before Spring festival.
I dropped the chiller from the order because it is $400 more! I am thinking once we get the machine up and running we will either build one or order one.
Let me know what you think. If you have any comment or suggestions please let us know here or talk to either me or Nicholas. I am hoping we will place the order as soon as we make the next big deposit in our account. That way we may have a chance to get it shipped before the Chinese new year, otherwise we are looking at one more month or so of delays.
[whoisin title=(Lasers?) whoisin=(Lasers!!!)]
I’m guessing you probably had a look at the Glowforge in your searches. But, I’ll mention it in case you hadn’t. It seems to have a nifty combination of scanner/cutter (so you can have it cut along your pen lines and it can follow a curved surface).
I don’t know how it compares to the one you’ve been looking at or what the product reviews are like.
The laser we are purchasing is a lot more powerful and much larger than glowforge.