Need feedback on our mission statement and tagline

• I wrote our mission statement a while ago and I did not get much feedback about it. Now that we are growing and having more presence in social networks, I was hoping to get some feedback from you. Lets start with what we have, then I will change it with your feedback:

Our Mission

Kamloops Makerspace is a non profit society dedicated to serving the creative community in the Thompson Nicola region. Our goal is to establish and operate a space in Kamloops where hobbyists, inventors, artists and innovative people from all walks of life can come together and share their enthusiasm and knowledge.

Does that resonate with you? Is there anything important missing from it?

Two Rivers Many Hands

We also need a slogan, a short sentence that would help connect us with makers. If you have comments or suggestions about the tagline, let us know!

Edit: I updated the tagline based on @meagan’s comment

• I think the mission statement sounds good! I was talking to a couple people in the community this weekend about the makerspace and received an interesting slogan/saying that he wanted to donate to let us use if we so wish. “Two Rivers Many Hands”

• Two Rivers Many Hands

Love it! :)

• I think its pretty awesome too!:smirk:

• I like the tagline

• Looks like we have an agreement on the tagline. I already use it in our google+ page :smile:

The mission statement is not yet set in stone, or metal or wood or anything else (I am sure one day it will be – literally ;)). But until then, if anyone thinks of ways to improve it, please feel free to comment here.