Vinyl Cutting 101 Thurs. March 23 7-9

• Design Lab

Vinyl Cutting 101 workshop
    Kamloops Makerspace Design Lab
    207 Victoria St. WEST Kamloops BC
    Thursday, May 26th - 6:00 pm to 9pm
    $40 non-members / FREE for Makerspace members
    Limit of 20 participants

Join Makerspace Design Lab developer Vaughn Warren for a crash course in cutting and installing adhesive vinyl graphics for signs, vehicles, prototypes and promotional applications.

Attendees will learn about:

• Creating and using vector files for vinyl cutting

• Types of adhesive vinyls and materials available

• The operation and use of the vinyl cutter - do’s and dont’s

• Cutting, weeding and preparing vinyl graphics for install

• Tips and tricks for installing vinyl

• Using computer cut vinyl as a masking system for airbrushing and sandblasting

• How to make and install multiple-colour layouts

Participants will have the opportunity to cut their own designs and are encouraged to bring their design ideas on flash drive (vector files saved in AI, EPS or CorelDraw format for PC) for a test cut.

About Vaughn Warren

Vaughn Warren has been designing and producing vector format logos and graphic designs for over 20 years, as well as carving wood sculpture, painting murals and working in the cultural sector. A personable and enthusiastic member of the arts community, Vaughn works with a wide range of organizations teaching workshops, producing artworks and growing his practice.

See more of Vaughn’s work here:
    https://www.facebook.com/VaughnWarrenArtist/ or www.vaughnwarren.com

@arasbm @amanda @Nicholas @vaughn

• @Vaughn that sounds like an awesome workshop. I have been looking forward to this for a while!

Everything looks good to me. I just suggest to put a maximum on the number of attendees. I am sure this workshop will sell out with 20 participants. Does 20 sound ok with you?

• Design Lab

@arasbm I would like as many people as possible, but how can we get 20 people in the Design Lab?? I thought I might start the workshop in the Lounge and then do a demo in the Lab? Not sure yet…

• Yes, starting in the lounge sounds like a great idea. Does it make sense to split people into two or three groups and take them up for the demo after? That is how I plan to do the laser cutter training. I will get people to work on their design then once a few of them are ready I will take them in to show them the machine while the rest continue working on their designs.

• Design Lab

@amanda @arasbm
    sorry to be a bother, but could a picatic event be created for this workshop when you have time? The workshop details are posted above. thank you!

• Registration is live!

If you’re a Kamloops Makerspace member, register for free here: https://www.picatic.com/kamloops-vinycutting101?code=kammakermember
    promo code: kammakermember

If you’re not a Makerspace member, please purchase your ticket here: https://www.picatic.com/kamloops-vinycutting101

• Design Lab

@amanda Thank you! Appreciate your help :)

• Design Lab

Hello!

Just getting ready for this workshop tomorrow night - probably start in the Lounge and then head up to the Design Lab in groups.

I have a good workshop planned - come check it out, and spread the word! :)

• @Vaughn I’m going to be unable to be at the workshop. Family BBQ instead

• Leslie and I are attending! 6pm???

• Great workshop @Vaughn. My wife was really happy with the hours sign. What was the name of the place in Vernon you recommended for purchasing vinyl? I forgot to take a look at the price sheet you had there.

• Design Lab

• 0_1464387728979_resized000.jpg 0_1464387741679_resized003.jpg 0_1464387751680_resized005.jpg 0_1464387757922_resized006.jpg 0_1464387774210_resized010.jpg

That was a great workshop. Thank you @Vaughn and everyone that attended!

• So I finally got around to putting up the vinyl birds I cut out during the workshop
    0_1467425928855_IMG_20160701_165130.jpg

• Design Lab

@dhylands

Cool! Is that just the vinyl, or did you put it on a more rigid backing?

Makerspace could sell these things! Butterflys, frogs, Reaper drones…tons of possible shapes for ‘screen-door warning shapes’.

• It’s just the vinyl.

They held up themselves when I stuck them on, and when they’re rolled up, they’ll be getting pushed into the screen.

• Design Lab

@dhylands glad it worked! Let us know if you still run into the screen.

• Not sure if this is the right thread but I’m definitely interested in the upcoming Vinyl Cutting 101 class on March 23 :)

• @Vaughn Is there a Vinyl Cutting 101 coming up in March? If so please add me to the list. Thanks!

• Design Lab

Yes, this is coming up! Sorry for not replying sooner - just smokin busy.

You’re all booked:

@GottaBeKD182
    @300XC
    @kile
    @Grant-Fraser

Room for 2 more…

Vinyl Cutting 101 workshop
    Kamloops Makerspace Design Lab
    207 Victoria St. WEST Kamloops BC
    Thursday, March 23 - 6:00 pm to 9pm
    $40 non-members / FREE for Makerspace members
    Limit of 10 participants

Join Makerspace Design Lab developer Vaughn Warren for a crash course in cutting and installing adhesive vinyl graphics for signs, vehicles, prototypes and promotional applications.

Attendees will learn about:

Creating and using vector files for vinyl cutting

Types of adhesive vinyls and materials available

The operation and use of the vinyl cutter - do’s and dont’s

Cutting, weeding and preparing vinyl graphics for install

Tips and tricks for installing vinyl

Using computer cut vinyl as a masking system for airbrushing and sandblasting

How to make and install multiple-colour layouts

Participants will have the opportunity to cut their own designs and are encouraged to bring their design ideas on flash drive (vector files saved in AI, EPS or CorelDraw format for PC) for a test cut.

About Vaughn Warren

Vaughn Warren has been designing and producing vector format logos and graphic designs for over 20 years, as well as carving wood sculpture, painting murals and working in the cultural sector. A personable and enthusiastic member of the arts community, Vaughn works with a wide range of organizations teaching workshops, producing artworks and growing his practice.

See more of Vaughn’s work here:
    https://www.facebook.com/VaughnWarrenArtist/ or www.vaughnwarren.com

• Is thereroom for me?