We need your help writing a press release for fundraising

• I you have not read this post by @Nicholas please go read it.

One of the action items @Nicholas has proposed which I am also excited about is the opportunity to do a bit of fundraising. I do however disagree with @Nicholas about the reason why we need fundraising. I do not think we are loosing membership, actually I think we are gaining more members now than ever before!

Differences of opinion apart @Nicholas’s idea to do a month of fundraising is pretty awesome. Lets use this thread to write up a press release that we can send to local media. See if you can answer any of these questions, even if you can respond to one of them it would be much appreciated:

• What kind of projects do you like to work on at makerspace?
    • How do you think we run kamloops makerspace?
    • What contribution do you think makerspace is currently making to our local community?
    • In what ways do you think Kamloops Makerspace can contribute to our local community in future?

• Design Lab

@arasbm

What kind of projects do you like to work on at makerspace?

woodwork, lasercut models, art, sculpture

How do you think we run kamloops makerspace?

very good for a new organization - friendly and welcoming. Huge potential

What contribution do you think makerspace is currently making to our local community?

MS is a completely new resource in Kamloops that fills a badly needed gap in capacity. Many people need workspace and tools and expertise - the makerspace can provide it.

In what ways do you think Kamloops Makerspace can contribute to our local community in future

By developing members skills and experience and passing those skills on to others. By aquiring and running tools. By ‘wowing’ young people with clever demos and inspiring. By showing Kamloops is a place that can develop and support such a thing.

• This Wednesday (June 22) at around 5pm we have a visitor from CBC. Courtney Dickson will be at the space to talk to write a story about us with an emphasis on our upcoming fundraising activities.

I encourage everyone to talk to her or demo one of your cool projects. Tell her why you love kamloops makerspace so much, show your support. Thanks!