Lean Manufacturing - Workshop
Kamloops Innovation is hosting a workshop on Lean Manufacturing, next Friday July 22 from 8am-3pm at Kamloops Precision Machining.
This workshop is free to attend & includes lunch, but advanced registration is required as we have limited seating. Please let me know here or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Workshop details are below if you’re interested.
Introduction to Lean Manufacturing
“Lean” is simply the modern word for “Best Practices” or “World Class Manufacturing”.
This one-day workshop is for organizations interested in learning about LEAN concepts, or are interested in a refresher. Learn more about Lean principles, continuous improvement, and how to eliminate waste in your company.
By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the history and development of Lean, and the 5 Lean Principles
- Comprehend the structure of the Toyota Production System
- Know the difference between Process Mapping vs. Value Stream Mapping
- Understand Continuous Improvement
- Know the elements of the House of Lean and how to use them
- Identify the 8 Wastes and understand the Theory of Constraints
- Use Mistake Proofing techniques
- Know the elements of a Kaizen exercise
- Compare with examples of how to use these principles and tools
Date: Friday, July 22nd
Time: 8 - 3 PM, lunch & refreshments included
Location: Kamloops Precision Machining, 1860 Kelly Douglas Road
Presenter: Derek Barichievy, BCIT
Derek’s portfolio spans 40 years Manufacturing experience which includes running companies of over 600 employees; working as a Manufacturing Executive in 8 countries on 4 Continents; and includes employers such as Toyota. Active in business teaching for many years, Derek is currently a Manufacturing Consultant, facilitator of Executive Peer Councils for the CME, as well as an Instructor for the BCIT School of Business.
Space is limited, please RSVP here or email Amanda@kamloopsinnovation.ca .
Powered by Kamloops Innovation, with support from NRC-IRAP, Manufacturing Innovation is a project designed to showcase new technologies and facilitate peer mentorship in the manufacturing sector in the Central Interior. [kamloopsinnovation.ca/manufacturing-innovation]