Agenda and Notes for Member Meeting -- Thursday August 11th at 6:00pm

• Kamloops Makerspace General Member Meeting – Thursday August 11th 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Rotating meeting chair: Courtenay Watson

Note taker: Need a volunteer

6:00pm: Welcome and roll call

6:05pm: New members this month

Mention the name of new members that have signed up this month and give them a chance to talk about their interests

6:10pm: Agenda

• Motion to reduce the probation period for a drop-in member before they can be vouched in, to 1 month instead of 3 months @arasbm
    • Motion to allow room renter to sign up as a key holder. I recommend maximum of two key holder sign up for the first month, per rented room. (One key holder for 1/2 room) @arasbm
    • Update on sewing room rental @megan-fenkhuber @pierre
    • Financial report
    • reply to this thread to post your requested agenda items

6:50pm: Thank you and wrap up

I would like to provide everyone with opportunity to thank someone for something they have done over the past month. Please keep it short and sweet. Just one sentence saying something like “I would like to thank Lucy the dog for being cute” would be perfect!

6:55pm: Plan Next Meeting

Confirm the date and time of the next meeting (Normally second Thursday of each month at 6:00pm).

• Ask for a rotating chair volunteer for next meeting
    • Ask for a note taker volunteer for next meeting

7:00pm: Meeting is adjourned

Regardless of if we go over all items or not, the meeting might be adjourned by 7:00pm. Any item that we do not get a chance to discuss will be automatically postponed to the next meeting – or alternatively it can be discussed on the forum.

Please submit any other items you would like to discuss as soon as possible so they can be included in our newsletter. If you feel 5 minute is not going to be sufficient time, feel free to start a new thread on this forum and discuss your topic in details before the meeting

• Linux

I’ve been down and out with a horrible influenza virus (really hoping I didn’t pass it off to anyone but Charlie…) and am scheduled to work tonight. I was just checking the board for the first time in a long while and found this.
    I’m very sorry I can’t make it, and with such short notice. @pierre will help run the meeting if no one else steps up.
    Tagging people for email notifications: @arasbm @tinfoilknight @Nicholas @Chainmaildave @Ron_Ron

Learning and working on learning more!

• @hdsheena not a problem, thanks for letting us know. So if @pierre chair the meeting, we still need a note taker.

Hope you get better soon.

• 6:00pm: Welcome and roll call

@Chainmaildave @n0pe @megan-fenkhuber @Nicholas @Pierre @arasbm Attending

6:05pm: New members this month

Mention the name of new members that have signed up this month and give them a chance to talk about their interests

New Members:

• Dennis @DCHydro
    • Gareth @bct
    • Grant Robertson
    • Tony Plumtree
    • Charlene Smith
    • Graeme Hallet
    • Jesse Foubert
    • Derek Nichol

6:10pm: Agenda

• Motion to reduce the probation period for a drop-in member before they can be vouched in, to 1 month instead of 3 months @arasbm

Decided: 2 month, 3 vouches, and they need it made clear from the start that they need to show up and communicate with the existing members during that probation period.

• Motion to allow room renter to sign up as a key holder. I recommend maximum of two key holder sign up for the first month, per rented room. (One key holder for 1/2 room) @arasbm

Room renters to fast-track up to 2 keyholders per room on a case by case basis.

Need a lease agreement for month-to-month renters and also some way for the space to reclaim the space in future.

Makerspace will pay $450/month for a room. Group needs to bring in a total of at least $450/month in new (noted as sewing room) memberships and any donations/fundraising.

Now named the Craftorium, we will advertise it as soon as we can get the layout finalized.

• Financial report
    • reply to this thread to post your requested agenda items

6:50pm: Thank you and wrap up

@Nicholas thanks anyone who showed for Hot Nite.

@arasbm thanks Dennis for helping to clean up the new saw and get it set up.
    @Nicholas apologises about the dealing with Car People thing.
    @Chainmaildave thanks Mike from Lo-Boy for the awesome new saw.

6:55pm: Plan Next Meeting

Confirm the date and time of the next meeting (Normally second Thursday of each month at 6:00pm).

Tabled and propose on forum.

• Ask for a rotating chair volunteer for next meeting

@Nicholas pending acts of Hastur

• Ask for a note taker volunteer for next meeting

Tabled for forum.

7:00pm: Meeting is adjourned

Add halloween stuff to next month’s meeting.