New Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 on KickStarter

• For those that are familiar with the Teensy series of microcontrollers, there is a new kickstarter for the Teensy 3.5 and Teensy 3.6
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulstoffregen/teensy-35-and-36

• I have been meaning to acquire at least one to mount in a mechanical keyboard project for a while… I think I need two of these. Anyone interested in putting together a group buy?

• That looks really cool! I can think of a few cool projects I have been wanting to do that the Atmel chips are just not powerful enough for. This would be really cool for audio and video projects.

I like to buy one Teensy 3.6. Lets put an order together quickly (Friday?), since shipping is not that expensive. @pierre will you place the order? I can give you money.

• I’ve signed up for the “Special EARLY Developer” reward, which gives 6 of the 3.6 modules and 3 of the 3.5 modules. I don’t need all of the modules. I’m mostly interested in the pre-production 3.6 so I can work on porting MicroPython to the board.

I’d be willing to part with up to 4 of the 3.6’s ($28 US ea) and 2 of 3.5’s ($23 US ea). The shipping is $25, or about $2.50 US per unit.

I’ll update this post with my running totals:

@arasbm 1 x 3.6
    @pierre 1 x 3.6 and 1 x 3.5

Still Available: 2 x 3.6 and 1 x 3.5

Expected delivery is sometime in Oct (although probably early Nov). Assuming everything goes on schedule.

• @dhylands I’ll take one 3.6 please!

• @dhylands I’d take a 3.6 and a 3.5 if you can spare them.

• My Teensy 3.5 & 3.6’s arrived.

I may in Kamloops tomorrow, and if so I’ll drop off the ones for @arasbm and @pierre at the space. Is there still a mail slot near the front door (just in case nobody else is there)?

• Ashley is there. I dropped her off this morning.

• @dhylands I’d take a 3.6 and a 3.5 if you can spare them.

• @dhylands awesome, thanks!

• Bah - well it looks like I won’t be coming in today. I’ll definitely be in next Friday, if not sooner.
    @Ron_Ron I put aside one of each for you.

• @dhylands Thank you!!! :)

• I dropped off 3 transparent blue envelopes with @pierre @Ron_Ron and @arasbm name written on them. I believe @Chainmaildave put them in the electronics room.

• Thank you! :)

• The 3.6 works out to $30.50 US, which is about $40 Cdn.
    The 3.5 works out to $25.50 US, which is about $33.50 Cdn.

• And a warning (this is mentioned on the reference cards, but I thought it was worth mentioning).

On the Teensy 3.5 the inputs are 5V tolerant.

On the Teensy 3.6 the inputs are NOT 5V tolerant. Max voltage is 3.3V.

• Good to know! :)

• @dhylands said:

And a warning (this is mentioned on the reference cards, but I thought it was worth mentioning).

On the Teensy 3.5 the inputs are 5V tolerant.

On the Teensy 3.6 the inputs are NOT 5V tolerant. Max voltage is 3.3V.

It turns out that on the Teensy 3.5, only pins with digital I/O are 5v tolerant. A10, A11, A21, A22, A25, A26, AREF, Program and Reset are NOT 5V tolerant.

All of the pins listed above and any pin in analog mode should only get 3.3v max.

• @dhylands I have a terrible feeling you found that out the hard way… Do you need one of the 3.5’s back?

• @pierre No - it was in an update sent to the Kickstarter list. At this stage in development I tend to setup peripheral A and connect to peripheral B on the same board for testing. Eliminates most voltage related issues.