We need a volunteer for tech brew -- September 21, 2016

• We have been invited again by Kamloops Innovation to participate in the annual Tech Brew event. We need a couple of volunteers to commit to setting up a table at this event. They are offering us one complimentary ticket which includes one drink ticket and one tshirt. Anyone else that would like to attend can purchase tickets online - $25 each.

I am most likely going to be out of town that week for work, so I thought I post here and see if anyone would like to set up a table and represent makerspace at this event.

cc @amanda

• Thanks Aras!

We’re expecting 200+ to attend this year, it’ll be a bit bigger than last year.

Venue: iTel Networks (1850 Mission Flats Road)
    Date: Wed Sept 21st, 5-7pm

TechBrew:

• Food trucks
    • Craft Beer
    • Live Music
    • Technology Showcase
    • Bubble Soccer
    • Scooter Tours of iTel’s new space… and more!

Hope to see some of you there either at the booth or just attending! Tickets on sale now: http://kamloopsinnovation.ca/techbrew/

• I’ll be there… But iTel is buying my ticket. :)

• Design Lab

@arasbm

I’d be into setting up and manning the Makerspace booth at this, although I havent done that before and am unsure what it would involve. If someone will help me get up to speed and figure it out, Ill do it. Maybe @Chainmaildave has the details?

• Hey @Vaughn!

Some pictures from last year to give you an idea of what the event will be like, and what the Kamloops Makerspace table setup was: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.754723324633418.1073741904.150336285072128&type=1&l=18620d24bd

If you guys will need power just let me know! We’ll have a table for you.

Setup anytime between 3-4:30, event starts at 5.

iTel is also having a grand opening celebration between 2-5pm before TechBrew starts, with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 2:15 and speeches by Todd Stone and Shirley Vickers, the new CEO of BCIC. Those details are here.

• Design Lab

Allright I talked to Dave about getting demo stuff together and Ill do it fo sho.
    vw

• Design Lab

@Chainmaildave @pierre

I was hoping to pick your brain and gather the gack needed to do a decent table for this - lets put our heads together while there is time? A list of what to bring would be handy!

Table?
    Awning?
    Etc…

• Director

@Vaughn I have just bought a folding table for the @Craftorium that you can use!

• Design Lab

@megan.fenkhuber Excellent! I will definately use that for TechBrew.
    @arasbm do we have a market awning? Is teechbrew an outdoor event?
    Thanks to you both :)

• @Vaughn techbrew is at a new venue this year. My guess is that it is indoors. @amanda could you confirm if it is indoors and how much space we will have?

• Design Lab

@amanda Hi Amanda - we am planning to setup a MakerSpace booth at TechBrew, and wondered the following:

Is the event indoors or out?
    Should I bring a table?
    Is there power available?

• Techbrew is in the new iTel head offices this year. Indoors, with power.

• @Vaughn There will be tables provided! Power - yes. Indoors!

• Design Lab

OK, we’re locked in! @Chainmaildave and I (and anyone else who cares to partake) will gather some demos and stuff and get it on the launch pad.

@Chainmaildave - as this is on Weds (HackNight), do you want to come with, or hold down the fort at the Space? I dont mind doing it alone, but company is good!

• Design Lab

MASSIVE PROBLEM!

I teach a workshop at the MakerSpace Weds til 5 pm, so I CANT MAKE THE SETUP time for this (3-4:30pm @ Itel) - I apologize for the schedule conflict!

I can be up there at 5:30 to man the booth, but it looks like unless someone else can setup, we’re hooped here!

Super sorry - what to do??

@amanda @arasbm @fullmetalmaker @n0pe

• Pretty easy to solve… I can load every thing in my van the night before, I work until 4 and can do the setup immediately afterwards

• Design Lab

@pierre money! I’ll come at 5:30 at the latest (my workshop ends at 5) and take over the booth + tear down and return the gack to the Space.

Thanks, Pierre! You rocketh.

• @Vaughn Amazing! So everything looks to be still good to go for Wednesday.

Thanks everyone - see you then!

• I bought a ticket last night. I can spend some time at the booth too so nobody gets stuck there the whole time

• Design Lab

Ill be there by 5:20. Looks like Pierre and Nicholas can setup and Ill take down.

• @Nicholas and @tinfoilknight ate here. Table is set up. Party is ongoing.