Unplug and Play Event in January

• I mentioned during last meeting that we are invited to volunteer for the unplug and play event. Here are the emails from Meg:

Hello!
    My name is Meg Ross and I am the Youth Services/Literacy Librarian at the North Kamloops Library. I am contacting the Makerspace to see if you would be interested in collaborating with the library on a Teen Program for Unplug and Play week in January. Ideally, I would like to run a Take Apart Night, where teens can have an opportunity to disassemble some old technology to see how everything is put together and how everything works. I think this would be an amazing opportunity to also introduce teens to some of the makers in our community, and to give the Makerspace a chance to share their expertise with our teens.
    I am very interested in working with the Makerspace on this project, and I hope to hear back from you soon! You can contact me by email or by the phone number listed below.

Unplug and Play Week runs from the 21st to the 28th of January, but we have regular teen programming on Wednesday nights at the library, so the best probable date and time for the program would be January 25th, from 4-6pm. Please do post the message to your forum! There is one additional thing I would ask you to mention to your members: since the program is for children/teens, we would have to ask that all volunteers have a current criminal records check (completed within the last year) including the vulnerable sector check for working with children. If they haven’t, but are interested in volunteering anyways, the checks are free to complete for volunteers.

Meg Ross
    Youth Services/Literacy Librarian
    Outreach Services
    Thompson-Nicola Regional District Library System
    693 Tranquille Road
    Kamloops, B.C. V2B 3H7
    mross@tnrd.ca