I'm New

• 3D

Hi I just found this and am wondering I can use 3D printers and CNC machines. If so what are the rules? Does it cost anything? What are the times everything is available?

• Metal

Hi Khara! Glad you found us, and to answer your questions: YES! We have several 3d printers, CNC milling machines/routers and a laser cutter as well as an electronics lab, fabrication shop, and so much more! We do require members to take a 2 hour orientation workshop before using the more complex machines unsupervised, but someone is usually around to help you with a project if you haven’t completed that specific course yet. Memberships are $50 per month.

Your best option is to come down to the Makerspace Wednesday night for our open house; take a tour, meet some members and get signed up!

• Hi Khara,
    Yes absolutely! you can come to makerspace to use many different digital fabrication tools as well as other tools that we have. Some of the tools such as laser cutter and CNC router require that you attend a 2 hour workshop and obtain the required badge that shows you are qualified to use that tool. For other tools such as 3D printer we do not require a workshop, but it would be a good idea to find someone that knows how to use it and ask them to give you a quick run down.

We have our open house every Wednesday from 5pm until late. Feel free to go to the space tomorrow (Wednesday) and take the tour. You can even bring a project to work on. Try to spend some time and meet some of the members. We are 100% volunteer run and rely heavily on members taking initiative to attend to and grow the space.

Hope to meet you at makerspace one of these days. Welcome to our community! :smile:

• 3D

Wow this is so exciting. I can’t wait to get started.

• Design Lab

@RocketGirl Hit me up in the Design Lab for vector support. I’m around lots these days, but if you let me know when you’re in, we can connect. :)

• 3D

Cool Thanks