Laser 101 - Thursday Nov 16 7-9 pm

• Hey all.

Just following up to see if a date and time has been set for the laser cut 101 course?

I was talking to Vaughan and Aras about it last week and they mentioned Thursday as a possibility.

William

• I dont think I could fit it in this Thursday. But if someone else puts a laser 101 workshop on, I will do a workshop on CNC routing with the 3020 which is also long overdue. ;)

Looking the direction of @fullmetalmaker?

Cait and I would love to join in on the 101 whenever its going to be :raised_hands:

sign me up whenever you get a date worked out.

• @arasbm Sign me up for the 3020 if you’re looking for a show of hands.

@n0pe - Do you only need a grayscale drawing raster file to get the cool 3D effect on the 3020?

• @derpko I am not sure. I think @arasbm did that model.

Will the 101 still be going on this Thursday with the laser cutter being down right now?

• Design Lab

I was volunteering to host a laser 101, but it has to wait til the laser is back up.

• @derpko

That’s correct… to get the depth-map right, I think you need to invert the greyscale raster. But it is pretty simple.

• Design Lab

Laser is back up-
    Laser 101 - Thursday November 17 6 pm - 8 pm
    Host: @vaughn
    Cost: Free for members, $40 for non-members

Please spread the word to those that have been waiting?

@derpko @Krankin @Will

• Sounds great!

• @Vaughn I am in if its OK for me to be a little late. I work until 6pm on the 17th.

Change on that. I can make it on time, just going to book an hour off work.

I’ll be there

I would like the laser 101 course. Pay in advance or at the course?

• @Vaughn excellent! I just add your 101 to our calendar. I noticed that it conflicts with our monthly meeting, but that is ok, we should move the monthly meeting. I think we chose the time in a hurry last time and it sounded like Thursdays don’t work for a few people. I’ll start another thread for that.

• Design Lab

@arasbm sorry for the schedule conflict! I should have checked the calendar before posting the 101. Too many platforms (calendar, facebook, forum, etc) to service with this stuff!

Thanks for adding it to the calendar.

• Design Lab

Is there a way to have the calendar prominent and easily accessible from the forum and facebook page?

• @Vaughn no sure about the facebook, but I can integrate the calender into forum. It is on my list.

• Design Lab

I added it to my faves bar.