Quick tour of the new VHS

• I was in Vancouver today and met with Richard Sim in the afternoon. He gave me a tour of the new VHS building. Richard has been a key holding member of VHS for more that six years and was on the board of directors for most of that time.

resized1002.jpg

They are still in the process of moving, but I though that would actually be a perfect opportunity for us to see how they organize things. Here are some of the pictures I took today (again keep in mind stuff is still being organized/installed/moved around).

resized000.jpg
    entrance

resized009.jpg
    lockers

resized005.jpg
    vending machine

resized006.jpg
    lounge

resized010.jpg
    tons of equipment, parts and room for working on electronics projects

resized012.jpg

resized1003.jpg

resized1001.jpg

resized1003.jpg

They are dedicating a small area of the space to metal working tools like lathe, CNC mill, etc. It is only separated by shelves right now. It made me rethink the possibility of having a small metal shop within our space. Richard promised to share their course material for those tools with me.

resized1007.jpg
    100w laser which has not been installed yet. The glass thing in the middle is the laser tube. What can I say other that WANT! :heart_eyes:

resized1008.jpg

resized1009.jpg

I am really glad I got the chance to see the space and talk to Richard today. Lots of ideas are floating in my head now. Richard and others at VHS will be a great resource for us, and they are also excited about our makerspace in Kamloops.