name tags on 3d printer?

• Linux

I have this rather vague idea, and am hoping for help and input.
    We have a small event on Jan 25 where it would be useful to have a couple of key people identified. I was thinking about crafting name tags, then remembered the 3d printed modlab token Aras gave me. I think it wouild be very cool to have custom tags for this event, and have no idea where to start. I can do up some sort of simple sketch, but basically, either just text like: ‘CWAGS Advocate’ or have the logo for CWAGS (a circle image, not sure what formats I can get it in), followed by the word advocate.
    Anyway, very vague. Realistic by Jan 25? We have another event Feb 22, and will continue to have them, so they’d continue to be useful. I’d like to either donate some money to the makerspace or pay someone to help/print these for me, if anyone with the tools is interested. If not, I’d still like to discuss it as an idea, just for learning!

Learning and working on learning more!

• @hdsheena we would first need to create a vector image of what you want to print or cut. What size do you want this name tag to be? Have you seen any examples of tags like what you have in mind? Do you want the outline in the shape of a dog perhaps? Where is the logo for CWAGS, I cant seem to find it. And finally how many tags do you need?

If you can provide a rough sketch of what you have in mind, it would be very helpful. Open Inkscape or any other drawing program you like and try to quickly draw an example of what you have in mind. That should help a lot narrowing it down.

• Linux

sketchfortag.png

So i know this isn’t terribly helpful. This is the logo for CWAGS, as well as our biz logo. Size would be max business card size I think, which is 3.5x2in. 4x1 might be ok?

I’m thinking more about design ideas, and will post more pics!

• Linux

Thinking about shapes…
    sketchfortagstar.png

I really, really suck at coming up with desgin ideas …

• I can help you come up with a design @hdsheena and print them for you on my printer. Shoot me an email I have a cool idea for you that I have been wanting to try out if you want to keep your current CWAGS logo as part of your design.