Oscilloscope Course / Workshop - Dec 20th, 6-8pm

• Holder

If you sign up, feel free to bring whatever widget or electronics you’re interested in or currently working on; see what kind of voltage signals makes them tick in ~real time.

• What kind of things will you be covering in the course. Are there some tips in troubleshooting or applications.

• Holder

The basics of how to use a scope, how they work, and how to acquire a signal, then some demos

• Holder

Looks like a pretty quiet night here at the space, no one showed up : (

I will be here for maybe another half hour before I clean up, if anyone wants to play around with the scopes. I brought a portable pocket scope and a USB/software scope. The space already has a newer digital and an older analog unit as well.

The description of the workshop can be found here, also where you would have gone to sign up for the course:
    https://www.picatic.com/event14809779946411?utm_medium=email&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=Email_Events_GoneLive

It was meant to be a very basic introduction workshop, so no prior knowledge of electronics required.

If anyone is still interested, but just couldn’t make it out tonight, I can setup the demos again some other time.

• Sorry dude. I’d have loved to go, but am dealing with life outside the space right now and just don’t have any time this month. It is a super important topic, and the cornerstone of understanding many useful electronic and debugging skills too.

• Do you have plans to do another Oscilloscope Course / Workshop? At a later date?

• I think with it being the holidays it might not have been a good time. Hope that you’ll set up another one in 2017!

I meant to come for that but thought it was Thusday :( if you do plan on doing this again after the holidays I will be there!

• Thats the problem I had with the 555 ic workshop also. I will do another one in 2017 also! :)

• I would definitely be up for an oscilloscope course. You may even want to pair up with @n0pe. I recently had to troubleshoot a PLC issue using an oscilloscope and wish I knew more than just the basics operations of it.

• I’m actually not great with the oscilloscope! I’d be down for a workshop as a learner! I used them a bit in school but not much since.

• im in .

• @Jacob-S. said:

I would definitely be up for an oscilloscope course. You may even want to pair up with @n0pe. I recently had to troubleshoot a PLC issue using an oscilloscope and wish I knew more than just the basics operations of it.

you going from SA? carpool?

• @bct yep. carpool would work

• Holder

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll probably set another one up for February and vote on a day when everyone who’s interested can make it, I’ll post a new thread for the new workshop this week

• Design Lab

@colin Awesome - the sooner we can post a date, the better. Grab a Thursday thats open on the calendar and away we go.

Ill grab your course outline of the new thread and post it on facebook page too.

Thanks for doing this again, Colin!