Pachinko Machine

• Design Lab

On May 18th, 1980, for my 10th birthday, I was given a brand new pachinko machine by my parents. We enjoyed it in the family room for years before I moved out when I was 18. After that, I dragged that fricken pachinko machine around for the next 20 odd years, SWEARING that someday, somehow, my beloved Pachinko machine would live again…

I brought the dirty, forlorn, non-working Pachinko machine here when I became a member, hoping to clean it up and see it work again.

When I got back in August from holidays, someone had cleaned it up!

Then in October, I found a spot in the Hackroom that it would fit and I hung it there.

John @MIPS ordered gold-plated balls and got it running, after some disturbingly efficient locksmithing.

Tonight, on January 7th, 2017 almost 20 years since it was last played, I played a full on round of Pachinko on that machine. I laughed. I cried.

I do not know who cleaned that machine up, but would like to know.

Then only thing left is to wire up the lights so it is a comforting mood light in the Hackroom.

This machine is on loan from my collection - please enjoy a game of Pachinko on your way by.

Life is good.

0_1483761891257_20170106_184608.JPG

• Dude… that’s incredible! Way to go, guys! Great effort getting it cleaned up and working!

still needs a crazy makerspace wide LED system that obnoxiously flashes when someone gets a jackpot… XD
    (Nice work everyone that got this thing working properly once again!)

• Design Lab

The machine won’t pay-out for some reason now. Maybe Majic @MIPS can jiggle the right filbertflange or actuate the corresponding gadja-doodle. I tried and all I got was a tour of the floor picking up 1000 gold steelies…

• Wood

Wow that is awesome.

• Design Lab

Its working perfectly again, thanks to @MIPS!

• Design Lab

I would love love love to add crazy, 24/7 lights to this thing. I’ll pay for the gack.

• It has been done. lolz. Crazzy leds going on there.

• Can’t wait to giver er’ a rip :-) My god parents had one very similar in their games room and I have many fond memories of chilling out watching the balls drop as the adults drank and played pool. Good times!

• @Nicholas and I were playing with it (mostly admiring it) last night… I’m looking forward to the crazy LED’s now.

• It worked out well.
    0_1484727887843_061.jpg

• Design Lab

@Ron_Ron mind:blown

you’ve outdone yourself on this one ron!!! I cant believe how deadly it looks!!

• This post is deleted!

• Design Lab

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Design Lab

Soooo deadly! I couldnt leave last night, cause I couldnt quit looking at it!

Aaaand check this out!!!:

• This is cool also

@Ron_Ron that late night work paid off!

• Always does!

• @Vaughn
    Vaughn and I must be on the same page. Posting the Ben heck show at the same time. lolz