Scorpion Mill

• @Highbeam it’s been reassembled on a table in the fab shop. I need to reconnect the wiring and @pierre says he has the tools to make sure the mill is squared up.

• Getting it to cut true just needs us to tram the head relative to the table. I think we need to re-plumb some of the coolant and lube stuff too.

• This post is deleted!

• Fun thought. When you set up a computer for general use could you put the password for it on a piece of tape. The mill is connected and the computer is hooked up and ready to go. I can’t get past the login screen to do a function test.

If someone has a monitor arm so that we can mount the monitor, mouse, and keyboard to the wall that would be great.

• I set one up and left it beside the controller. Password should be same as wifi if I remember correctly.

• Then I must have the username wrong. I’ve tried all the username and password combos I can think of.

• @Grant-Fraser , earlier post…

@n0pe said:

There’s a core2duo with 2G RAM and an nvidia GPU sitting by the CNC controller. It has linuxCNC pre-installed on it and

User: cnc
    Pass: same as wifi

• Grant worked on the mill tonight an managed to figure out the login.
    Unfortunately it seems something about the end stop on the bed has malfunctioned and it was allowed to travel past where it should. The lead screw bearing block has come apart into several (not broken) pieces and a large number of small ball bearings have spilled out (they are all accounted for) I inspected the block and removed it for inspection. It appears that it can be reassembled instead of needing to be replaced (they are not cheap) however I need second opinions on how exactly this is done. It should all still be next to the machine.

• Ball screws, or bearings on the dovetails?

I’ll be in for the first aid thing tonight. Can look then.