• Design Lab

@Beth yes, I’ll dial one up!

• Design Lab

Airbrushing Basics
    Thursday November 30 - 7-9 pm
    Makerspace Design Lab
    FREE for Makerspace Members, $40 non-members
    Limit 6 people

Join Makerspace Design Lab co-ordinator Vaughn Warren for a introduction to the airbrush. Topics will include a review of styles and use of the airbrush, basic operation and maintenance, materials considerations, computer and laser cut stencils, choosing an airbrush that is right for your needs and a hands on opportunity for participants.

Vaughn has been using the airbrush for over 25 years, mostly for mural and vehicle painting, and has taught hundreds of workshops, classes and seminars related to applied arts for adults and youth.

See more of Vaughn’s work:

http://www.vaughnwarren.com/Airbrushed_Murals.php

or

https://www.facebook.com/pg/VaughnWarrenArtist/photos/?tab=album&album_id=102311393198216

Please RSVP on the this thread in the Forum, or email vaughn@vaughnwarren.com

Limit of 6 people

Class list (ill add as people sign up):
    @Beth
    @dennistheyounger
    @echo walker
    @Cindos
    @Torren

• @Vaughn I’ll take a spot!

• @Vaughn I’d like to attend if there is still space.

• 3D

A spot for DennisTheYounger and myself, please. (I will be late from work so if I don’t have to take a spot, maybe?)

• Design Lab

Wow - the class filled in two hours! One spot left…

Class list (ill add as people sign up):
    @Beth
    @dennistheyounger
    @Cindos
    @Torren
    @Coco (pd)

• I think Leslie signed up? I have Clay Space otherwise would love to join…

• Oops- the thread is confusing as it goes back to last spring. I do not have Clay Space on the 30th and would like to join if there is space!?

• Design Lab

Class if full - Ill do another one in january!

• @Vaughn
    do you want a co-instructor ?.
    for this class?

• Design Lab

@opal7777 sounds like an interesting idea - not sure if we have the room in the Design Lab, though. Its already crowded with me and 6 people. Lets talk more about it though and thank you for the suggestion. Id love to do that, if we can make it work.

• @Vaughn
    Vaughn, can I be added to the wait list? I thought I was on the wait list for this one…

:-)

Lawrence

• Design Lab

@Lawrence shoot, sorry if I missed that! Yes, of course and if we have a cancel, Ill let you know.
    Apologies, my friend!

• Design Lab

@Vaughn, it might help to keep track in the future if instead of editing a topic title to change the date, you instead create a new topic for each date of the course, and tag them with the course title to help with searching.

That way the record remains associated, and easily searchable, and the data relevant to the specific date stands out more from the noise of all past instances.

I would like to put together a bit of a users guide on the forum with some suggestions like this and tips with markdown. You are doing great work with your workshops, and it will be all that more efficient if we can get the communications dialled in a bit more.

Thanks for hosting this one!

• @Vaughn .
    at no charge ofcourse just though I could help your students with my 30 plus years experience

• Design Lab

@opal7777, @Vaughn , you guys could consider:

1. starting with an instructional period in the design lab and a few demos on the main airbrush station there, and then
    2. when it is time to do the hands on part, spread out into the classroom with more stations there and an instructor in each room

From my recollection of the course, the crowded bit was mainly the latter part, and the classroom is right next door, and is designed to aid in workshops and education. I think it makes sense to make use of the extra space to increase the course enrolment if possible (assuming there is enough airbrushes and what have you).

• @kile @Vaughn

hey guys.
    i have two compressors and brushes for 3 more students so we could do 8 if that works for you Vaughn.