3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) 101

• Design Lab

3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) 101
    Tuesday January 24, 2017
    5 pm - 7 pm
    Host: @Jacob S.
    Cost: Free for members, $20 for non-members

Introduction: Have you wanted to learn more about drafting images using CAD software. Want to know some of the option for 3D CAD design and the advantages of some over others. In this introductory course, we will be covering those topics, as well as how to start and build your projects from step-to-step. This is an introductory course that will help with designs, which can be implemented onto either a 3D Printer, CNC Router, or CNC Mill.

• Design Lab

• Design Lab

• I’m in!

• I’m in. I keep doing everything the hard way and then just going back to pen and paper.

A Michael Ronneseth wants in (contacted me through fb)

• Design Lab

@Chainmaildave If the contact is not a member, I recommend pre-payment to confirm their spot.

Its a bit drakonian, but eliminates 3 or 4 problems.

This post is deleted!

• Sounds good. I’d like a spot. Just to confirm, that is for tomorrow night, correct? Do we need to bring anything?

• Hi, I hadn’t logged in to say I’d like in… No issues paying in advance… Also have another friend who’d like to attend… is there room?

What cad program are you using. I can teach AutoCADD

• @robert yes robert it was for Tuesday. YESTERDAY It Was TOMORROW. Today it is for today.

@Krankin make sure to bring a laptop and either sign-up an account for Onshape at onshape.com. Or make sure you get download SketchUp or Fusion360. Onshape is the quickest thing to set-up in a short amount of time.

You can to the course without a laptop, but experience tells me that teach drafting technique generally requires “trial and error”.

• @kranklin. Feel free to demo a little bit of Autocad if there is time. I’m hoping for a 20-30 minute slideshow. Then spend 1.5 hours going through the three programs (I can also walk around and provide some support.

• @cabinman I am looking to teach a group of less than 10 people. That is about the space that is available to all have computers. People can watch as I illustrate some instructions on programs, but the best learning techniques for CAD is trial and error.

• @Jacob-S. ok, thanks. See you tonight.