Art in the Park. Will Makerspace have a booth?

• Hey all,

Just wondering if there is any plans to have a makerspace booth at Art in the Park this year?

It would give us some good exposure, and allow our members to sell some of their crafty items.

Will

• Any idea what it would cost to get a booth? I know the wood-worker’s club gets one every year and does demonstrations and makes trinkets for people. It’d be pretty interesting to see if we can get a similar setup going. Some combo of education, recruitment, and selling projects we made at the space would be nice.

• Design Lab

Yes, this is on my radar, too:

COMMUNITY NON PROFIT APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE.
    Deadline is Saturday, April 15, 2017.
    Are you an arts-related community group or non-profit that would like to have a presence at Art in the Park 2017? Apply online here, or for the manual application form click here.
    http://kamloopsarts.ca/event-calendar/#id=172&wid=601&cid=914

So we have until April 15th to apply - we will have no problem getting in.

One thing to consider is that everything sold must be handmade or substantially assembled, by the Makerspace.

I am recommending that we kick a percentage to makerspace and look at other awesome opportunities to raise money there (without being too much).

If we could get $1 off each person, that would be $30,000!

The Fee is for a non profit is only $25. Here is the link to register, but we have weeks and weeks before the deadline.

• Design Lab

bump