Chainmaille "Stitch and Bitch"

Putting some feelers out to see if any one is interested in doing a monthly thing. I understand a space at the innovation center may be available to us for such activity.

[whoisin title=(Are you interested in a monthly chainmaille event?) iamin=(Yes, I am in!)]

• It would be nice to have a place to work on projects together as well as get advice from others and see what they are working on

How about the last Wednesday of the month?
    As long as that doesn’t conflict with our contacts at Innovations

• If you are available other days, it might be a good idea to have the chainmaille event on another day instead of Wednesday. I am hoping that our Wednesday H4CK night will turn into a weekly meeting once we have the space. That may not conflict with you at all though, I think we can have both events at the same time. But if we can spread them into different days it would be better since it means space’s open hours will increase.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here. The important thing is that you find the group interested and a time that works for you. I just thought I mention that just in case.

Last Tuesday? (I picked a day pretty much at random)
    If anyone has a preference please speak up.

• @Chainmaildave let me know what day (and time… 6-8?) you want to host monthly meetups. so we can make sure the door is unlocked or that someone from the group who will be here every week has access into the building upstairs.

• Linux

@amanda @Chainmaildave @arasbm @Nicholas
    My sister and I attended the workshop and would both be interested in attending at least occasionally. Tues, Wed and Thurs don’t work for us, but Mon and Fri both do or we can just come when we might be available!

Learning and working on learning more!

Last Monday of the month 6-8pm seems a good time.
    @amanda does this work for you, & Innovations?
    Also is there anything in particular anyone wants to learn/needs help with?

• Linux

@Chainmaildave That would be the 23 for the first one, right?
    I’m mostly interested in continuing to practice and master a few different weaves. I need more work on the 4 in 1 chains before moving onto anything else, I think!

Yes that would be the 23rd, assuming we can get in the building.
    The European 4-1 is probably best to start with and figuring that out is key in my mind.

• @Chainmaildave last mondays of the month, 6-8pm. Sounds great.

@arasbm will you be attending these sessions? You have a key into the coworking space. I’ll see if a keyfob is available for the group until the makerspace is ready downstairs.

• @amanda I dont want to primise to be there since there are other workshops I will want to organize as well. Trying not to stretch myself too thin. Last time I checked my keyfob did not work anyway.

l’ll see if a keyfob is available for the group until the makerspace is ready downstairs

That would be great. @Nicholas will probably be the best person to give that key too (if he does not mind). Since he is planning to be in this workshop.

• @arasbm @Chainmaildave @hdsheena @Nicholas

We are able to give someone a keyfob for the chain maille monthly meetups. Not sure who wants to hold onto the key.

Please come by Kamloops Innovation (348 Tranquille Road) to sign one out sometime before the 23rd :)

• @arasbm get the keyfob looked at next time you’re in at kic :)

• Linux

Since Nicholas is a future key holder anyway, he seems like the natural choice, but I don’t mind if he can’t or prefers not to!

• @Nicholas if you would like to hold onto a key, pop by Kamloops Innovation anytime between 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday and we can sign you up with one! Thanks.

@Nicholas I will bring the bits to show you the weave for that odd weave that my friend made if you are still interested.
    See you Monday

• @Chainmaildave @Nicholas this is still happening tomorrow night (6 to 8pm), right?

• @arasbm I think so!

@Nicholas picked up a key. We’ll open up the front doors by 6.

For those that haven’t been here before, address is 348 Tranquille Road. There is a parking lot, if that happens to be full there is another parking lot across from the Dry Cleaners at Tranquille and Clapperton Road.

• Yes I will be there. Hope to see a good turn out

• Linux

My sister and I had hoped to attend, but she ended up late at work in Vernon and I had a killer headache :( I tried to post here but my phone wouldn’t let me log in on data… No idea what that was about.
    Anyway, we do still plan to attend future ones!