Is anyone up for hosting a Valentines day meetup?

• I know an artist that will likely come and show people how to make beautiful origami. She suggested that if we do a workshop, we should show people a few different types of crafts. Calligraphy would be a nice one to go along with origami, but I don’t know anyone that can teach calligraphy, do you?

I realize this is kind of last minute, but we can have a casual free event sometime on February 11th to 13th if there is enough interest. Is anyone interested in a free valentine themed workshop around that time? If you have any other suggestions, or want to show people how to make something on that night, let us know!

[whoisin title=(Would you come to a valentines day workshop?)]

• Dear Founder at Makerspace:

Hello, and thank you for the e-mail. I may have some old notes and a booklet about calligraphy, and do have some pen tips for that. I gave an informal workshop about calligraphy about a decade ago, so could cobble something small together for anyone interested, as time permits.
    I just recently joined your group. I used to do Propmaking and Stage Design, and theatre crafts may be of interest to some in the group. I just now said I was interested in the monthly Chain Maille group, but have the following parameters:
    I work at night, until about 8:30 or so, and don’t have a vehicle or cell phone. I’m also not equipped with my own computer, but use one at the Public Library. Therefore, transportation and accessibility could be a problem.

A Valentine’s Day get-together sounds good!

Thank you for your time,

Renee Taylor.
    250-554-4648 (landline)
    ameardx@yahoo.ca.

• @Renee welcome to Kamloops Makerspace! I am very glad that even with you limited access to a computer you choose to spend your internet time with us :blush:

It sounds like you have many skills that our members may be interested in. We look forward to having you involved in our future workshops.

We usually have our workshops from 6pm to 8pm, at least that is the way it has been so far. Would 6 to 8pm work for you on any of the weekdays from February 11th to 13th?

@amanda will the generator room be available to us for any of those days if we managed to pull this off?

• @arasbm I will get back to you! I know that Chris Foster might be hosting an event on the 10th, just want to make sure it’s that night and not Feb 11, 12 or 13. I like the 11th, so that I can attend ;)

• @arasbm The Generator is available Feb 11, 12 and 13. Just pick your date and time!

• Linux

@amanda I vote for Friday!! I can’t do thursdays :(

Learning and working on learning more!