The 100th Hack LAN PARTY!
As some of you may know @Vaughn brought up the fact that the Makerspace boast’s almost 100 weeks of hack night!
and for that, I propose The 100th Hack LAN PARTY!!
- Half-Life 2 - If we can get it working for multiplayer
- CounterStrike Source/ CS:GO -
- SWAT 4 - First Person Shooter
- Split Second - Defensive Racing Game
- Dirt 3 - Realistic Racing Game
- Just Cause 2 - Multiplayer
- Garry’s Mod
- Orion Prelude - First Person Dinosaur Shooter
- Please Tell me if you would like to play other games!!
All these games are not requirements!
https://www.g2a.com to get cheap games if needed.
- 4-6 GB Of ram.
- x86 or x64 DualCore @ 2GHz or more.
- Windows XP - Windows 10.
- 80 GB of space Minimum 200GB is recommended.
- A Graphics Card GeForce GT 420 / Radeon HD 6450 and higher.
We can build a computer for you to game on while you are here! if you don’t have one.
“While Supplies Last”
PS: Great job on the keyholders and management that keep the space open!
Now we’re talking! Thank you, @ColeVanD for this deadly initiative (and membership, actually).
Let’s put it on the menu - @megan-fenkhuber and I are rowing towards outlining the framework of this, and want to encourage local tech companies and Nerds of all Stripe to participate! The goal of having the Space open for 7 days, 24 hours is a spicy meatball - a no-holds-barred LAN Party fits the bill.
Thanks for the outline, Cole - want to be on the organizing committee? We’ll make it manageable, yet memorable!
@Vaughn Sign me up. Should I post thst we are going to do a lan party on kijiji?
@Vaughn Also, I will bring my fancy camera and document the entire thing
@ColeVanD Wicked. This sounds awesome. A couple more to add to the list:
Rocket League - We played this for the most part last LAN Party Saturday.
Trackmania - Any. I prefer Canyon personally.
Factorio - Wicked game. I believe there’s a multiplayer mode or mod.
Overcooked - Fun co-op game. I would have to check if there’s a multiplayer mode that’s not local.
Jackbox Party Pack going on the big TV in the lounge. This would be awesome. I have all 3 so if we aren’t playing games I can throw it up there.
What an awesome idea @ColeVanD !
Quick idea: we need to update the LED sign outside that broadcasts 100th Hack ads and inf!
@Vaughn +1 To that idea!