Laser 203 - Intro to box making (March 30)
Laser 203 - Intro to box making
Thursday, March 30, 2017
6:30 - 9:00 pm @ the Kamloops Makerspace
Cost: $40 for non-members, free for members
Room for 8 participants
Pre-requisite: Laser 101
Instructor: Kile McKenna
Are you ready to take you laser game up to the next level? How about moving from 2d to 3d objects by making a box! In this workshop we will talk about the design process from conception to completion through a consideration of the quintessential functional object: the box.
In this workshop we will:
- see examples of laser cut boxes designed to carry out different functions with discussion of design considerations
- examine how the CAD files for these projects were prepared using Adobe Illustrator
- perform demonstrations of advanced laser cutter techniques such as hinge construction and two-sided registration
- consider the assembly and finishing of laser cut objects
- discuss the design aspects of participants laser cutter projects
@kile I’m in.
Me! Me! Pick me! I’m in.
Id reserve a spot, if theres one left at game day.
Thanks @kile - awesome workshop layout!
Add me to the list too please!
Add me to the waitlist too please. I might be heading out of country that night.
Im stoked for this - @kile let me know if I can help at all!!
@kile Is there space for DennisTheYounger and me to sign up for your workshop? We can be one attendee or 2; whatever works better for you.
This post is deleted!
I’ve got class on Thursday night but am very interested in learning this process. Looks like it would make a great project for our students at Insight!
@kile That’s what I was thinking as well.
@kile thanks, man! That was awesome. Great to drill into the meat and potatoes of building the boxes.