Laser 203 - Intro to box making (March 30)

• Design Lab

Laser 203 - Intro to box making
    Thursday, March 30, 2017
    6:30 - 9:00 pm @ the Kamloops Makerspace
    Cost: $40 for non-members, free for members
    Room for 8 participants
    Pre-requisite: Laser 101
    Instructor: Kile McKenna

Are you ready to take you laser game up to the next level? How about moving from 2d to 3d objects by making a box! In this workshop we will talk about the design process from conception to completion through a consideration of the quintessential functional object: the box.

0_1489261964310_VinylCrates copy.jpg

In this workshop we will:

• see examples of laser cut boxes designed to carry out different functions with discussion of design considerations
    • examine how the CAD files for these projects were prepared using Adobe Illustrator
    • perform demonstrations of advanced laser cutter techniques such as hinge construction and two-sided registration
    • consider the assembly and finishing of laser cut objects
    • discuss the design aspects of participants laser cutter projects

Confirmed Participants:

Waitlist:

• @kile I’m in.

• Me! Me! Pick me! I’m in.

• Design Lab

Id reserve a spot, if theres one left at game day.
    Thanks @kile - awesome workshop layout!

• Add me to the list too please!

• Add me to the waitlist too please. I might be heading out of country that night.

• Design Lab

Im stoked for this - @kile let me know if I can help at all!!

• 3D

@kile Is there space for DennisTheYounger and me to sign up for your workshop? We can be one attendee or 2; whatever works better for you.

• This post is deleted!

• I’ve got class on Thursday night but am very interested in learning this process. Looks like it would make a great project for our students at Insight!

• Design Lab

@InsightJeremy, too bad you are occupied otherwise. I know @DarcyInsight and @Vaughn have been talking about some summer programming options. Maybe this is something that could fit there?

• @kile That’s what I was thinking as well.